Newbies

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Postby JB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:09 pm

1st off you have picked a good bike lol. 2nd, your a man coz you dont ride no f4i girly crap haha. and 3rd, good to see you on here. should definatly come along to stuntskills and any other local stunt day. they are all posted up on here, so just keep a look out and you will see when the next one is on. cheers.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby daino » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Im located in Homebush West, Sydney. Ill be more then happy to join in stunt days and learn. More learning then stunting (borrowing advice)...... but its a start! I will keep a look out for possible ride/stunt days etc.

Heading to Queensland on Wednesday for Indy (titty watch). I hear the stunt inc team (correct me if im wrong) attend there most years.......... Should be a good display! Anyone else heading up there?

Reading up on the manual i have of my bike (2003 Honda CBR600RR), i see it has a 42 tooth rear (at 525). Would it still be street ride-able with a 52 tooth rear. Hear it is a 20% lose in top end........... Most speed limits are 110 anyway so 20% lose should be ok.

Anyway, Cheers and thanks for the welcome to those who did. Look forward to the challenges head.
daino

Postby JB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Sammo and Willis live up that way. i would keep the gearing pretty much stock while learning dude. u will thank yourself later :wink:
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby el sammo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:41 am

YO BOOM! rock the stock geainrg man maybe get cheap dirty to learn on so you dont spank up the 600RR there pretty soft bike can only handle girly crashes before the subframe falls off haha!

if you wana be hardcore and really put some efforrt in to train hard get good and aint scared of crashin evry time you hop on get a f4i ive geared mine crazy low got the equivelant of a 66t rear so its as snappy as ever

if you never wana scratch your bike and are happy to be a the mad pimp at youre local coffee shop with a HB and a cage just keep the 600rr

( cue from stage left mad rage from JB haha )
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby Merudo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:01 pm

just a quick hi to everyone, my name's James, I've got an 05 R6 as a commuter and trackbike, and a 99 model ZX9R, haven't really tried any stunting aside from the occasional wheelie, but I tell you what, some of you guys can do some absolutely crazy stuff!

Just signed up today 'cause I went out and watched sammo practice last night, certainly was some impressive stuff. :) Got abused by my housemates when I got home for not telling them about it so they missed out on watching. haha.

Got a few photos from last night too that I might put up if Sam doesn't mind.

Lookin forward to meeting some more of you guys in the Brissy area!

cheers!

oh, here's one pic of el sammo's bike

:D
Merudo

Postby benaylen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 pm

WOW!! What a great shot. I've never a seen a stuntbike look so good!!! normally they look like they've dragged there :)

Welcome aboard mate. I hope you like the site. I try and keep it updated every few days with something new.

Cheers
Ben
web slave
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Merudo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey, I do. Site's good and forums certainly are handy. I'm glad to see there's stunters in Brisbane, too!

I love photography and the like so I'll be more than happy to shoot some photos :D My new lens STILL has yet to arrive but should come tomorrow, which means I'll be able to get some wicked shots, especially during the day with some more light...
Merudo

Postby benaylen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 pm

awesome man, awesome. Photography is certainly not my forte, not too bad on the video on web stuff though.
You'll have to road trip it down to Sydney one day in a convoy with all the other Qld boys for Stunt Skills. I should have all the 2009 dates soon-ish which will be posted on the site. Also, there should be a Trix In The Stix early next year too. Date is still TBA.
Both events are pretty relaxed and aimed at getting wheelies off the streets and into a safe, legal environment.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Merudo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Sounds awesome man. I used to live in Sydney so I'd certainly like to ride down and catch up with some friends down there, and take some photos at stunt skills!
Merudo

Postby el sammo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:56 pm

hey man nice to meet you guys! sweet pic makes my bike look tidy! haha

Benno the web slave! haha that cracked me up man good work on the site man lookin sik!
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby Merudo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 pm

yeah you too man, my housemates and all my mates all ride bikes too, we have drinks and BBQ's at my place at Ferny Hills all the time, next time we have a BBQ or somethin I'll let you know, you guys can swing by for a beer or three 8)

Always happy to meet new motorcyclists :D

I'll post up a new topic with the pics now.

Cheers
James
Merudo

Postby Damo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Damo from Perth. I ride with WCS and have ridden with Bender last year at the Perth Power Cruise (which was awesome). We're all looking forward to 2009 Power Cruise which will be an incredible weekend!! Another WCS'er (Brian) and myself went halves in a wrecked fizzle and we're building her back up to be a full-blown stunter. I even just bought one of those new Full Throttle Inc dual handbrake set-ups using a two 4-pot calipers for the hand AND footbrake...sweeeeeet. I'll put some pics up when we've finished the build (should be a couple of weeks hopefully).

Here are some pics taken of me a few weeks ago. 2-up stunts are da bomb :D

Damo

Postby benaylen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:23 am

Hey Damo!!

Welcome.

Your WCS Website is looking good man.

Cheers
Ben
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Damo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:16 am

thanks mate. I take zero credit for all of that - the www geeks take care of it all. I just do the stunts ;)
Damo

Postby el sammo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 am

hey damo!
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat