General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

stunt tips

Postby keasty » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:38 am

anyone with stunt tips please list them here eg 12ocklock scrapes and stoppie
we may live today but we are not promised tomorrow
keasty

Postby JB » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:21 pm

find a nice quiet area to practice were you wont be bothering anyone. get a mate or 2 and if you have a vid camera, take it with. start practicing and do what feels comfy for you. after an awesome day of stunting it up with your mates, go home and watch the footage and you will see what you need to work on and how high, low you are with your wheelies, stoppies. then next time you go out you will have more of an idea on what to work on and what your faults are. hope this helps. just remember that its all bout having fun dude. if you start getting frustrated, have a sit down for a bit and get back on the bike and try again.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby Bender » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Well said, I think its important to take small steps, you will spend more time riding and less time crashing and running around with out a bike or even worse broken bones.

Just start small, what are you trying to get down pat now, post up a little clip....;)
Bender

Postby j-rad » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:02 pm

gee, that sounds like advice I gave a young fella not so long ago!!
AND even remember saying the same thing to him the other nite too!!!

:lol:
j-rad

Postby Bender » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:49 pm

j-rad wrote:gee, that sounds like advice I gave a young fella not so long ago!!
AND even remember saying the same thing to him the other nite too!!!

:lol:

Shutup Hippy!!! :) :twisted:
Bender

slow wheelies

Postby keasty » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:40 am

man im trying to do slow wheelies but not having much luck i can wheelie all day long in 2nd but at about 100ks
keasty

Postby Uncle » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:20 pm

I wrote this about 2 years ago but it still rings true so hope it helps you out

"Ok so you got your big ass 55t rear sprocket on a bike you dont mind stacking but most of all you wanna do some slow wheelies past the girls school. I assume you know how to do a B.P (Balance Point) wheelie with some skill and its time to learn new stuff.

OK start off by letting most of the air out of you back tyre until you have 10psi left in it.This will stop the bike wanting to go from side to side so you can just think about the rear brake and how much gas you need.

As you get better you can start to use more air in the back.I most guys run 25psi when they know what there doing
So we are now good to go.The most IMPORTANT part of the slow wheelie other than the rear brake is in start.In the first 2/3mtrs you will know how its going to go.I start them in 1st gear standing on the left rear peg and the right front peg at about 1 to 2kph cover your rear brake with your foot so its working already and if you poo your pants (and you will the 1st few times)

all you have to do is slam it down harder to stop you from flipping the bike.Now gas it up hard(I use the clutch as I have a 54t rear sprocket on a CBR9 and now feel at home snapping it up hard) the bike will lift up fast to the B.P and not pick up to much speed if you get it up there fast enough .

This is the hard part and is why its only for peeps who can ride a B.P wheelie.You need to hold the gas SMOOTH and use the brake to control the height of the bike.The bike can now be riden just past B.P buy adjusting how much brake and gas you give it .

When you get used to the feel of the bike being so high you will find if you ride just past B.P you can also slow the wheelie down even more by useing the brake.I find it alot better to use my left rear peg and right front peg as this gives me a better weight spred over the bike and I am not holding on so tight to the bars.

The hardest part of it is getting used to the bike snaping up so high so fast once you get the feel of that its just like a normal stand up but at 10kph.Be aware that if you drop the bike even at 10kph its still gunna wreck alot of stuff.Also the rear brake cops a fair work out so look out for brake fade or your gunna have a realy sore head"

If you crash you did'nt get it from me lol
Uncle

thanks man

Postby keasty » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 pm

thanks man ill give it ago
keasty

Postby el sammo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Yeh dude just practice and have fun!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby chrislewis » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:40 pm

I definetly agree with the tyre presure part, i just binned my bike yesterday, 2nd gear, balance point, 35psi in the rear (i was trying to do burnouts) and got to about 130km/h ish when it started to go side to side to far, panicked, blipped the throttle, touched the twelve bar to the road and i came down hard sideways. Apparently it looked pretty sweet....

... make your own twelve bar, $11
... Build your own cage, $50
... Buy and wear leathers, priceless ....
i didnt crash it honey,its mean't to look like that!
chrislewis

Return to General Chat