Orange - A Big Success....

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Postby dirtbikediva » Fri May 25, 2007 10:44 am

Bender wrote:Car Crash...... DAMN what happened?

Well... To cut a long story short (Not... :shock: ) - I was driving to work and the roads were soaked from it raining all night and it was lightly raining at the time - I was driving up Kariong Hill (Steep one-way, two-lane highway road with dangerously sharp corners = for anyone who's not a Coastie) and I noticed the car behind me lose it then somehow correct itself (I later found out that he had traction control...) Then a split second later - my car just lifted and spun really fast around to the right just before a right-hand corner... (There was evil oil on the road I was later informed by all who witnessed my stack) Then continued to do a few 360 spins AROUND the corner narrowly missing the guard rail - then the rock wall - then the guard rail again etc. until It FINALLY started to stop spinning at the other side of the corner - I went for the brakes so that I could just not go anywhere else (at this stage I was looking at the guard rail right in front of my car = scared shittless - and all I wanted was to be stationary...) and the brakes didn't fckn work! So the momentum I'd built up during the spins sent me flying backwards at about 60kph and slammed into the rock wall... Was then left sitting on the other side of the blind corner that I had just spun around with 4WD's and cars and even a truck almost cleaning me up and T-boning me!! I have never been so damn scared in my life!! Three guys in seperate cars - two of which almost hit my car as they came aorund the corner all stopped and helped me :) was good cause I was absolutely hysterical and concussed as so was good to have complete strangers that are decent enough to stop and calm you down and stop the rest of the traffic from killing you and stuff...

Whiplash and concussion and a few bruises were the only injuries - did $7,000.00 damage to my poor little car... But it's getting fixed and I'm feeling heaps better - reckon I'll be out of my super-sexy neck brace by next week *fingers x'ed* :roll:
~ Does this rag smell like chloroform? ~
dirtbikediva

Previous

Return to General Chat