Project Zed update

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Project Zed update

Postby benaylen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:50 pm

Hey Guys,
For those of you who don't know about my "Project Zed", she's a 1981 Honda Z50J registered in ACT. It has been extensively modified... to the point where it's hardly even the same bike. It runs a Red Baron Alloy Pro Frame, Kitaco forks, Pro Taper bars, CRF50 plastics, Red Baron high foam seat, and most recently a Takegawa 88cc big bore kit courtesty of Chilli 50s. These guys took 12 weeks to do the big bore but that's another story. I do not recommend them.
Anway, my engine is back with enough time to run it in, test the bike and get some riding time down for Stuntskills. Provided all goes to plan, I should be at Stuntskills trying not to embarass myself too much.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Ben
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Ned » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Sounds awesome! 8) see you there!
Ned

Postby benaylen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:00 pm

I'm so pumped!!! I just threw my zed back together pretty rough n ready just so I could ride it. I went round and visited my mate not far from my house, of all bloody nights I chose bin night so a few odd looks from people. Anyway, it was good to be back on the thing coz I haven't riden it on the roads since the 05/06 Summer over 12 months ago where I was practicing wheelies almost daily. It seems that practice paid off. Just as I was leaving my mates place I promised a wheelie and low and behold up she came beautifully where it stayed up on one for about 6 houses in perfect control and awesome height. Fuggin' awesome. So pumped. Damn that thing is easy to wheelie. Still got a lot of work to do on it to make it a bit neater but anyway, just stoked it went as well as it did. I love my zed. I should be at stuntskills.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Awsome dude! il have to check it out at stuntskills sounds wicked!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby Bender » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Its all BS with out footage benno.... lol

Good work mate I can't wait to break it on you.... he he...
Bender

Postby benaylen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:12 pm

I will blubber like a little school girl if it breaks, at let's face it, I built the thing so it's pretty likely you'll see tears :lol:

Nah, I'll give it a good test this weekend so hopefully all will go to plan. I'm a bit nervous about it actually coz there's been a lot of changes with very little testing.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby JB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:28 pm

all will be good dude. if its ment to be, it will all go sweet haha. sometimes i think your just not supposed to ride on certain days even though you really really want to. Bender knows what i'm talking bout. lets hope next sunday isnt one of those days for any of us.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby benaylen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:31 pm

agreed, I know exactly what you're saying. I do a lot of jumps on motorcross and supercross tracks as well as off a couple of ramps at Keyworths and I know exactly the feeling your talking about it. Yep, bang on, let's hope nobody has one of those days next weekend.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Bender » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:20 pm

LOL, this sunday is going to go OFF....

Everyone get to Stunt Skills.... there is gonna be some crazy stuff going on!
Bender

Postby dirtbikediva » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:42 pm

Hmmm - did everyone possibly put a jinx on??

Stunt Skills was awesome - apart from Benders stak... Did Corey end up announcing the burn-out comp winner??? If not - I vote for Bender all the way!!
~ Does this rag smell like chloroform? ~
dirtbikediva

Postby benaylen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:24 pm

JB wrote:all will be good dude. if its ment to be, it will all go sweet haha. sometimes i think your just not supposed to ride on certain days even though you really really want to. Bender knows what i'm talking bout. lets hope next sunday isnt one of those days for any of us.

yep, I'm pointin' the finger at JB :lol:

I spoke to Corey. I think he was going label Keys the winner of the burnout comp but only through pitty. :lol:
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby dirtbikediva » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Pitty?? I reckon it should be for his mad burnout - no one else pulled one off that big :)
~ Does this rag smell like chloroform? ~
dirtbikediva

Postby Bender » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 am

Benno wrote:
JB wrote:all will be good dude. if its ment to be, it will all go sweet haha. sometimes i think your just not supposed to ride on certain days even though you really really want to. Bender knows what i'm talking bout. lets hope next sunday isnt one of those days for any of us.

yep, I'm pointin' the finger at JB :lol:

I spoke to Corey. I think he was going label Keys the winner of the burnout comp but only through pitty. :lol:

Ouch..... lol
Bender

Return to General Chat