Another Newbie!!

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Another Newbie!!

Postby DaveO928 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:55 am

Hi peoples, Long time viewer, first time poster....

I'm looking at getting into stunting, and wanted a bit of advice, Where do you Canberra fellers practice?? as id love to come and watch some time, and can you recommend a good bike to start out on?? I've been looking at a CBR600f4i, I've heard they are ok... any advice on anything would be welcome!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Ill get back to this later....
DaveO928

Postby mike_rock » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:50 pm

Heya dude, welcome to the forums...

Bender, J_Rad and a few others on here are from Canberra, they should be able to help you out 8)
mike_rock

Postby JB » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:38 pm

welcome dude. feel free to ask questions and someone will be able to answer it for you.

also my 03 gixer 600 is for sale. pm or call me if your keen.
it has everything on it including rego with heaps of spares ready to go. Justin 0414 663 896 cheers.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby DaveO928 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

And thanks for the offer JB, but unfortunately im still in the shitty “saving� money stage, which sucks big balls, that and my 05 gsxr 1000 decided to fall off its stand in my driveway this arvo (freaking gravity!!) , so now I better repair that first I guess..

Id really just like to watch a bit, and see if I could do some stunts ( knowing my skill were looking at 5 years time at least!! Lol) And then when ive got the money, I can get the bike…

And do you guys practice on the street (no im not a cop!!, but I just cant afford to lose my last demerit point!!) or do you have a track kinda thing somewhere?? And are there many guys in canberra that do stunting??

Once again, any advice is really welcome..

Cheers.
Dave
Ill get back to this later....
DaveO928

Postby j-rad » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:21 am

welcome! :o

Not many Legal places in Canberra to practice mate.....

Perhaps you should check out Stuntskills at Oran Park? I believe there will be some info posted already if not soon.
j-rad

Postby el sammo » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Welcome to the site dude!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

I dunno about anyone else, but..........

Postby Taz666 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 pm

I find that the lack of police presence means that there is ample opportunity if you are observant ;^)

There are a couple of places around Hume with some really big driveways, and you don't have to travel far to find some seldom used roads. Rallies are also an opportunity, especially when there is a pub around. anyone else noticed how much additional bravado you get when practising in front of the crowd at the pub?

Will have to catch up with the rest of the ACT guys, gotta be a party in it somehow!!

Project Gixxer is coming together slowly, after some delays due to a cracked carby top. Just waiting on Keasty sorting out my cage. all in good time.
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Return to General Chat