Eastern Creek track day 8/12

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Eastern Creek track day 8/12

Postby j-rad » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Jrad's EC track day report .....

Well with all the rain that Syd experienced right up to the weekend we rode it was looking extremely doubtful we would make the trip. The last track day there was a wet one and due to the lack of rain, and the amount of oil dropped there over time the place is slipperier than anything I've ever experienced. Even with decent road tyres you just don't get any grip. Slick on an Ice skating rink would have more grip....even without tyre warmers :lol:

So as soon as we got there, we plugged in Jonno's Laptop to the Wireless internet and logged onto BOM (wish we had that functionality EVER time we rode EVERYWHERE...how handy! There was no rain on nay radars and even though the sky was dark as I decided to change to Slicks and really try and push the new suspension settings I'd been given.

After 2 sessions I decided I could no longer ride the bike. The thing was riding like a dog and I had 600s getting on the gas harder than what I could, simply put, everytime I touched the throttle the thing would shake it's nuts off.......

So Al from Eastern Creek ride days worked on my bike for a good 45 mins going through everything and made some sweeping adjustments which saw the bike improve immediately. I was also immediately able to get into the corners better and hold a much tigher line. SO much so I was grinding my gear lever to the ground!

Anyhow, with a special request for 'testing the new suspension settings' I started doubling and tripling my track sessions. Instead of only riding in the Fast group, I rode in 3 seperate sessions for the remainder of the day. This meant I could film some of our group in the slower sessions then head out with hot tyres to see what damage I could do to the really quick guys. Eventually got my times down to around the 1:42 mark but any harder was seeing the rear let go, mainly on T9 + T12 but T12 is a very quick, full commitment corner to get the most onto the Straight so I really really didn't want to highside it there!

We managed to capture the near miss with the wascly wabbit.......I'll see what I can do about getting the video posted here....Jonno Walmsley went crazy with his camera gear getting some of the best biking shots of me I've seen and some of the better pics I've seen full stop! Great to have him on board - he has been able to gain access to the middle of the tracks for future events which is AWESOME news.......you'll see him at the various Cunningstunts events/Stuntskills etc too so don't be shy, introduce yaself and buy some pics!

By then end of the day I had completed over 10, 20 min sessions without rain or too many drama's.......

Pics will be viewable soon at:
http://www.jonnowalmsley.com/motor/index.php
j-rad

piccies are up boys and girls

Postby sir-drinxalot » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Well, it took me a week but the pics are done and up on my site.

Links:

Latest track day:
http://www.jonnowalmsley.com/motor/search.php?d=event008&cat=event

Track day / event listing (view all my events):
http://www.jonnowalmsley.com/motor/events.php

Although there are some great images in the latest track day, I won't be updating the top 12 photos (sorry jarrad!). This is because I'm in the process of revamping the behind the scenes code for the site, which is planned to include an option to comment on, and / or rate photos. Once this is in place, the top 12 will be decided by all the people in internet land.

Hopefully mid-late jan i should have the new version of the site up, once i know it is bug free and spam safe. (we wouldnt want jarrad rigging the top 12 now would we :p)

Enjoy!
JonnoWalmsley.com
vv Latest Image vv
sir-drinxalot

Return to General Chat