Murphy was an optimist

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Murphy was an optimist

Postby Taz666 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:18 am

Finally got Project Gixxer bolted together and looking presentable, fired it up, and headed off around the block. Fifty metres from the driveway it dropped a pot (turned out to be a dodgy fuel filter) and then proceeded to expire four hundred metres up the road (Makes it easier pushing home when you test ride uphill (':twisted:'). It did clear twice as it got enough fuel and bounced the front wheel up happily. Got off to have a look only to find the seal in the waterpump had shat itself.

Wheeled it home, pushed it up on the stand, fitted a new fuel line and it runs sweet. Water pump seal is on order and should get here this week. One more night and it lives.

Overall, the first ride can only be described as not up to expectations but showing significant promise. The riding position feels reasonably comfortable, which is about as good as it gets for me being a industrial size bloke.

Last night we finished the paint and gave it a coat of clear (free plug for Wazza - Demonic Custom Cycles) and tonight I refitted the panel work and applied the necessary stickers. Will post some more piccies when I get a chance to get to it in daylight, and before I get a chance to scratch it all up.

Have booked in with Corey for Stuntskills, and looking forward to being an old dog learning new tricks. Been hanging for this for years! :twisted:

Look forward to meeting some of you there.

Cheers

Taz
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Postby el sammo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Awsome work dude sounds like its coming along well! always get afew teething problems aye!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby benaylen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Sweet!!! Another one for StuntSkills. Can't wait to take some photos of this beast for the website!!!
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby JB » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 pm

sounds like it will be ready to rock and roll at stuntskills dude. look forward to seeing it in action :)
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby j-rad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

roll on Stuntskills!
j-rad

Return to General Chat