And now I feel old, but I have riddent it

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

And now I feel old, but I have riddent it

Postby Taz666 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Project Gixxer is a go'er Check out the photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/33614176@N00/ see what happens when you let the kids loose with an air brush?

Now about that age thing. Who stole all the torque out of these little 600's? After 10 years plus of buggering around on things that have 120 plus ft/lb and 1000CC + vtwins the 600 is a shock. First ride and my arms and back are sore, need to learn how to let the bike do the work. Big sprocket makes it all happen very quickly, and on the one decent attempt at a wheelie I ended up "mousetrapping" and blew the right fork seal. Never mind, a new set this week.

It is still a bit fluffy down low, so the new air cleaner and yoshi pipe probably mean that a rejet is in order. Does anyone have any info on setting the throttle position sensor on these? The carbs were smashed when I bought it so I put it on and adjusted by ear. Is clockwise advance or retard?

Felt a bit bulky in the protective gear, and the knee braces take away some of the feel when kneeling on the rear seat. The lhs rear footpeg and subframe flex a bit, and apart from taking 20 kilos off me I think I will have to replace some bits with steel before I break it

It looks like it's are all set to come to stuntskills, but am now certain that it will be lacklustre performance from me. The lack of torque will take some getting used to. Be a good opportunity to learn some stuff from all you young bucks. The riding position is not too bad, but the whole thing feels a bit small. Think I might have to name it "the minibike".

Anyway, what do you reckon
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Postby benaylen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:01 pm

those pictures look unbelieveable!!!! Man, stuntbikes are rapidly getting more and more pimp. I love the BLAT and SRAD stickers too!

Do you mind if I add some of these pictures to the www.cunningstunts.com website in My Pics under Downloads > Photos ?
benaylen
Site Admin

Go for your life

Postby Taz666 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Figured if I was gunna rebuild it it should look OK. The thing hit a tree tank first and destroyed everything from the inlet manifolds up and trashed all the plastics.

Use as many photos as you see fit. If I can look as good on the bike as the bike looks I'll be happy.

It only cost us $200 more to make it look the part, and most of that was spray paint

:twisted:

It has taken a few more hours than we thought, but finally have a bike that owes little enough to not worry about it sliding down the road, and looks good enough to seem like we want to be professional about it.

See ya

Taz
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Postby benaylen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:30 pm

you've done an awesome job. the extra hours were well worth it. can't wait to see it in real life up at stuntskills.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Dude that looks really sweet! very tidy done well
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby j-rad » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 am

Nice Work! :)
j-rad

Return to General Chat