This weekend - Bikefest & StuntSkills

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

This weekend - Bikefest & StuntSkills

Postby benaylen » Thu May 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Should be an awesome weekend this one.

Saturday from 12PM - Kickstart Canberra Bikefest
Sunday - StuntSkills at Oran Park.

I have a confirmation from Corey it is definitely going to be ON.
benaylen
Site Admin

So what time does it start?

Postby Taz666 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 pm

We are travelling up from Canberra, would like to know what time it starts to be able to work out what time I have to get away.

After a iniial break-in on the weekend am happy that the bike is rideable and a goer. Even tuned out the flat spot tonight and managed to pull a nice little wheelie (not balance point yet coz its the first time on a sportbike in quite a few years).

Looking forward to Sunday, figure a day of practice and some of the memory will have to come back.

How many are supposed to turn up?

Cheers

Taz
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Postby JB » Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 am

these days its becomig harder and harder to get ppl to turn up to a stuntskills day. not sure why coz IMO its a great day out at a very good price. you have your lunch supplied and a massive strip to cut sick on ALL day. not like a track day where your lucky to go on 4 or 5 times through out the whole day due to different grades/crashes e.t.c.
so to answer your question we prob wont have more than mabey 15-20 riders at most i'm guessing. this is good and bad. bad because its not helping stuntskills happen more often. but good coz we get more of the place to ourselves lol :) be good to see you there tearin it up on the gixer dude.
day starts at round 8:30-9:00 and finishes up round 4:30ish i think. dont HAVE to get there that time, but makes it easier with laying down the rules to everyone together and signing forms e.t.c. :) goin to be sick, cant wait.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby el sammo » Fri May 02, 2008 12:26 pm

wish i was goin! everyone have a good day at stuntskills do some skids and whoolies for me!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby benaylen » Fri May 02, 2008 7:19 pm

I've got some flyers I'm going to hand out at Bikefest tomorrow to try drum up some more numbers. Will see how I go.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby hecko » Mon May 05, 2008 11:32 am

JB wrote:these days its becomig harder and harder to get ppl to turn up to a stuntskills day. not sure why...

Agreed, I always have a blast! Not sure why more people dont come along to these things...
hecko

Return to General Chat