The most exciting thing in Canberra on the weekend just gone

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

The most exciting thing in Canberra on the weekend just gone

Postby benaylen » Mon May 05, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, Bender & Ned didn't make the cut for WIN News with their efforts at Bikefest, a free event attracting approx 7,000 people promoting motorcycling in the ACT. Instead WINTV ran with this story. Apparently it was heaps better. I don't know how on earth they fit it all in to just one day!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pC8ScJ48Ig
:lol:
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Tue May 06, 2008 4:40 pm

ahhahahaha hey dont pay out on the pumpkin festival man it was goin off! :lol:
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby JB » Tue May 06, 2008 5:31 pm

eh???
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

It's the f##king public service mentality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Taz666 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:52 pm

The anal retentive rule down here. They wouldn't know if their arse was on fire. They closed the drag strip (ideal stuntskills venue) over ten years ago and have been promising ever since to replace it with no action taken because noone wants to be able to hear it coz the noise pollution may cause their lush green lawns to wilt and scar them for life. GMC400????? this is probably the most motorsport unfriendly town I have ever lived in.

Motorcycling is almost a criminal offence here, and god forbid that facilities are made available for the young'ens to learn, they'd rather see them get trowelled on the road by some idiot talking on his/her mobile as they spill theri coffee because they are trying to shave/apply makeup as they hurtle down the parkway in their climate controlled cages oblivious to anything else.

Do I sound twitter and bisted?, you better believe it!!

Just two more years and I can afford to get out of here!!!!
If you can't race it or take it to bed it ain't worth having
Taz666

Postby JB » Tue May 06, 2008 8:56 pm

fark. and to think i have considered moving down there. the thought of the cold keeps putting me off though lol.
JB

And they wonder why they play on the streets

Postby Taz666 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Seriously, I can live with the cold, but having flashed my few moments of video snippets (yep I got 50secs I thought was good enough to show off) I got replies from my staff about being irresponsible, crazy, and a hoon, all of which I take as compliments, but these guys don't get it. Yep I'm a pube, but I have a life and a brain (albeit diminished capability through years of substance abuses).

There are some great people down here, but severely outnumbered by those who want a Home Beautiful Centrespread and consider that a risquee outing is a trip to a public bar. Uber conservatives worry me, what will be outlawed next?

You should move down JB, we can start evening up the odds.
Taz666

Postby JB » Tue May 06, 2008 9:13 pm

hahaha. i would have moved from Sydney along time ago but have a few things holding me down unfortunatly. regardless i'm still looking at moving from where i currently am. finding a cheap place to live these days in rare as rocking horse shit though :x
JB

Postby benaylen » Tue May 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Taz, I agree with 100% and share your passion mate. It's like you've taken the words right out of my mouth. I haven't been in your ear aleady have I :)
For those of you who don't live in Canberra, imagine living in a town where:
there are awesome lakes and dams, but no powered watercraft
there are thousands of acres of forest, but no dirt bike riding
there is an awesome dragway, that will probably never be used again
there was a V8 supercar race, that they scheduled in winter (max 9'c days), on skinny two lane roads with concrete barriers on the actual road itself making it even narrower. The GMC was setup for failure right from the word go.

.... oh and whenever you see a pushbike, you have stop what you're doing and hail the almighty powers who think they own the road (even though they don't pay rego but have cycle paths smoother than a babies bum and longer than this rant :)

I'm done.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby benaylen » Tue May 06, 2008 10:28 pm

P.S. And the only motorsport event we have in the ACT, Summernats, is something they've been rallying to ban for years even though there are hundreds of small businesses in ACT that rely on it.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Wed May 07, 2008 1:00 am

come live with us JB sunny queensland for $80 a week man

BTW how did the show go for Bender and Ned?
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby benaylen » Wed May 07, 2008 9:27 am

Damn that's cheap!!! You can't rent anything in ACT for <$300

Umm, yeah show was good. It was pretty much the only piece of action there apart from a small trials display down the back in the corner. Bender had his stoppies dialled in beautifully, the best I've seen him do actually and Ned was on song with his ridiculously slow wheelies. It was like watching a video in slow-mo. Some pretty sweet no handers went down as well but NO BURNOUTS :( Organisers wouldn't allow it.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby j-rad » Thu May 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Yes to all points by everyone.

Canberra is the city of the 'death of fun'..........

GMC got ruined by whinging Pubes........
Canberra Rally is on for the last time this year

Anything 1/2 decent is always shot to pieces....... how we got ONE of the countries best stunt teams together out of Canberra is beyond me...I'm surprised they didn't try and ban us!

Taz > the cold sucks eggs mate.......you can rug up but heck.....frozen clothes and a frozen shut visor can make you re-think why on earth you'd ever commute in Canberra........

Mind you > for weekend riding I LOVE the colder weather...we get some really nicem,clear days in winter and you don't cook in leathers.....

BTW Taz, awesome to see ya and your mate at your first Stuntskills...! You did damned well mate and I love to see anther rider on a GSXR > from Canberra!! Top Work!!

Ned and bender did really well at the show. the only complaints I've read on the net forums around the place was the size limit of the pad and no burnouts.......Hopefully this might change for next year tho and if so, I bags keys spare bike to ride on this time!!!!!!!

out
j-rad

If I get my way..........

Postby Taz666 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:20 pm

and get enough practice I might get an invite for next year :evil:

Spent a few hours in Benders' shed last night reviewing video, he has a copy of the footage we got and is going to try and chop it into good clips.

Yep, gotta love a clear winter day, how did that song go? "I can do anything I want coz I look good in leather" already thinking I need a street registered version of the gixxer, lots of practice opportunity along Isabella LOL. Really need a good local legal venue, got my eye out for one, and don't mind spending reasonable dollars for a practice site

Cheers

Taz
Taz666

Postby benaylen » Thu May 08, 2008 5:30 pm

cool, I'll chip in too Taz if you find somewhere decent that wants us to pay them ride fees, beers, whatever.

Hey I uploaded some good photos of you to the Downloads > Photos > Stuntskills page this morning at work. Yeah yeah, during my 15 min break :roll:

Can't wait to see the video once it's done.
benaylen
Site Admin

Return to General Chat