Benny's new ski boat....

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Postby el sammo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:39 pm

hmm doesnt sound cool, only other advice over the net i could give is try pouring a fair bit of premix down the plug hole and let it sit for a while, maybe the rings are stuck in the piston from sitting around for ages? dunno
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby mike_rock » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 pm

mad little set up... should look pimp when its all cleaned up!! 8)
mike_rock

Postby JB » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:52 pm

are you getting spark??? sounds like its coming along though dude. cant wait to see it all finished up 8) taking the boat out next w/e. fingers x'ed the sun is out :) the mechanic has changed the wiring harness wich was apperantly old and crappy with bad connections wich apperantly may be the problem for it dying and not having power. guess i'll find out soon enough eh.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby benaylen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 am

yeah it's getting good spark. Even fitted 4 new plugs before I started mucking around with it.
not that it will help it run, but I started fitting new marine carpet last night. Looking heaps better already. I've got some fittings which I'm going to drop out to Fyshwick at lunch today to get sandblasted / powdercoated.

I hope you have a good one this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be kind to you. I'm going to the launch of the Canberra wakeboarding season this Saturday and they have a come and try thing which I'm booked in for. Still trying to decide if I want to jump in the molonglo river this time of year or not. Might go riding instead. Will see.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm

sik! have to have abother day out on the water next time im in sydney JB last time was awsome!
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby JB » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:06 pm

mmm. i can feel a cunningstunts xmas party w/e coming on YEAH 8)
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby el sammo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 pm

any luck with gettin the boat pimpin benno? have you tried swearing at it yet? :D
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby benaylen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:40 am

nah man, motivation and time has been my problem lately. I should get over myself coz summer is here already.
I got some bits of trim like handles, steps, etc sandblasted and powdercoated. I got them back yesterday so I've just got to get some new stainless screws today to put them back on.
That's about the only bit of progress I've had since I tried to start it.
Oh, I did get a manual for it though from 1961. It was held together with cable ties.... like Benders bike :)
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:38 pm

haha cool, hey im lookin at a couple of CR125s, did you buy a whole barrel and piston kit to get 134cc or get youres bored and re plated? wots it cost
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby benaylen » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:08 am

I seized mine machin' down the Princess Hwy one day at Ulladulla. Once it cooled down, it kept running rock solid but the bore wasn't that crash hot so I got it re-nickel plated by Electrosil. While it was down there, they said for an extra $125 or something they can bore it out to 2mm oversize so I said why not, but in the end it caused more drama that what it was worth.
They shipped it back to me with everything included, piston, ring, gaskets etc for like $500-$600 (can't remember exactly) but what I didn't realise was the gasket was stock, so the piston just (and I mean only just) hit the gasket. It ran sweet for about 4-5 rides but started to play up and not start. Couldn't work it out knowing the internals should be fresh as so I took it into a bike shop to get sorted. They pulled it down and found roller bearings from the bottom end cage bearing smashed into the top of the piston. Not good!!!
Came down to a very tough decision as the quote to re-do the bottom end, and another Electrosil was $1800 and the thing would only be worth about $3500 I reckon. I very nearly sold it as a rolling frame to some dude for $1500 but in the end I bit the bullet, paid the money, and that's the bike I'm keeping for a damned long time.
Good thing I love CR125s!!
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:20 pm

sweet ive found a 01 cr125 im gonna buy it its tidy as, plus mt motard wheels will bolt straight in! :D

just gotta sell the 450 now cant wait to get back on a 125 and go sik! ring da ding ding braaaaaaaaaaap
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby benaylen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:21 pm

awesome man, glad to hear there is someone getting back on the two smokers. I always get bagged out when I go riding these days coz every freakin' man and his dog rides a YZ250F. They're like arseholes man, everyone's got one these days.... but I'm still out there flying the 2 stroke flag.

Anyway, give that clutch an extra squeeze for me :lol:

brrrr brraaaaaaaap
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

hell yeh! checked it out and pickin it up tommorow nite, pretty tidy all the suspension rebuilt front and rear, new wiseco top end sounds crisp as! takin it out to black duck valley this weekend gotta try and not hurt myeslf!

worked out the last 125 i had was my 94 racebike when i was 15! freakin 10 yrs ago hope i still remember how to ride em properly :D
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby benaylen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 pm

they are super easy to ride. just hold it wide open, clutch it into band, and smash gears like a crazy person. gotta love it.

I love riding them coz you can ride them at 100% all day never having to worry about getting yourself into trouble. No respect for the power they have at all. Damn... if you ever come down to Canberra, bring it and we'll go riding for sure. Even got a couple ramps out at Keyworth's. You'd love it.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby el sammo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 pm

went for my first ride on the 125 today, hilariously it blew up after 10 mins and i had to push it back to the car :D

stripped the motor, the big end cage had collapsed causing catastrophic failure...the cage went up thru the transfer ports and jammed in the piston crown, rang the dude back who i bought it from he gave me $150 back... awsome i dunno why but im laughing about it seems funny

so now im stripping the bottom end and getting a rod kit put in, the bore looks slightly damaged but still reusable with a tidy up so i should only need a piston kit and the rod kit plus gaskets and stuff hopefully get out of it for around $300....two strokes gotta love em
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat