Natalie the wreck

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Natalie the wreck

Postby Damo » Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm

You guys will have some competition when u get over here for Powercruise! We've got a new slut in the house ;)

I've waited for a long time to post this thread so here it is!! Streetfighter_Brian and I bought an 01 F4i a few months ago from the auctions under the assumption it was to be a parting-out bike in case we smashed our own! It sat in the shed collecting dust for a while until Willis came over for Nightmasters. He told me that he had a complete F4i front end sitting in his garage...so we bought it! That was the biggest area of damage on this bike and with an undamaged front end on the way from QLD, we decided that instead of letting this bike rot away until we needed parts, WHY NOT MAKE IT INTO A STUNTER????

And so began the build. After acquiring the front end, we got some 2cd hand rotors from USA (the seller chucked in a free rear disc too which proved really handy when Brian put a crack in his about 2 weeks later :o). The first problem arose when we fitted the front end...the rim was not an F4i rim :angry: It turned out that its off a CBR1100 Blackbird :rolleyes: F4i rotors dont fit on a blackbird :( A bit of searching found us a reasonable front rim from USA. We bolted the shizzle together and its working great now...well, the front brakes are pretty shit and need another bleed but we wont be going very fast on this bike anyway ;) We were REALLY lucky to get a whole bunch of free stuff off a top bloke called Clint who was just gonna chuck it out! We scored a radiator, USA wiring loom and a box FULL of random f4i bits and pieces...a real treasure trove :)

We had to buy some headers from Hawaii, slap some liquid steel around the oil cooler cos it was creased and pump about a litre of oil out of the top of the engine!! Cylinders 1 and 2 were full to the brim of oil!! :o The bike must have landed upside down after the crash and drained a shitload of oil into the airbox which then found its way down the throttle bodies. Now, we couldnt start the bike cos we didnt have a key (Honda HISS systems cannot be bypassed). I just pulled my ignition barrel and ecu off my roadie F4i and loaned it to Natalie the wreck. She gave a few small coughs then started blowing the oil out of the engine like a good girl :)

Not having a key was probably our biggest drama. Joker (the legend) did some (alot) of research and figured out a way we could start her up without having to use my roadie's ecu & barrel. Obtaining an American ecu, main wiring loom, a special Zener diode + having a Military electrician doing all the electrical work made life a breeze because thanks to Joker, we now have a fully operational and running F4i WITHOUT USING A KEY!!! :boobs: :yay: This was all thanks to Joker so me and Brian owe him alot! We now start up Natalie using a toggle switch as "the key".

So after getting it running, Joker smashed the tank in for a seat. He did a GREAT tank dent! Nice and deep. I stuck some Sikaflex in the dent so we dont fall out the back. Then I cut the back end off the bike and welded up a 12 bar, but i actually think its more like a 2 o'clock bar. The bike is bullshit high when its sitting on the scraper!! To save cash/time I also made up my own crash cage! It is my first time welding anything so the welds are pretty ghetto but it "looks" strong and i'm doing a welding course soon so if/when the welds snap, i'll be able to fix them properly :D

There is a little bit of work left to do before this bike is finished but in a few weeks we should have made some good progress and have one of the best stunters in Australia as our learn-to-circle-wheelie bike! Things we need to do:

Figure out why the footbrake doesnt work. At all. Ive bled it HEAPS but still doesnt get ANY pressure
Make the front brakes work better (they are shithouse)...the handbrake is the only decent brake on the bike :lol3:
Make my own homemade subframe cage :2cool:

The bike how we bought it.

Pulling broken shit off

The new front end (with a homo Blackbird front rim)

Sizing up the scraper

Pictures dont really do this dent justice...its REALLY deep!

Stubby rear end :2cool:

Home-made crash cage goodness

f*** you Mr HISS!!! This is our "key" to turn the bike on and off :D

This dual caliper system uses two front calipers off any F4i/929/954. That means we've got a 4-pot caliper for the handbrake AND the footbrake! That might take a bit of getting used to cos apparently it makes the footbrake stiffer but more powerful...

Sikaflex'd tank

We decided to go -1 on the front and whack a 66 tooth rear sprocket on her. You just blip the throttle and she's at balance point!
BEFORE

AFTER
Damo

Postby Damo » Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm

We took her out for the maiden voyage yesterday and she went BRILLIANTLY!! The radial handbrake master is the best one ive ever used. I got it off a 2006 ZX6. We're also running dirtbike bars and manufactured our own oil pick-up :D

Damo

Postby el sammo » Tue May 26, 2009 12:31 am

sweet as man looks great!!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby Damo » Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 am

I like my pants :P MC Hammer stylin 8)
Damo

Postby benaylen » Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 am

brilliant post man. great project you had too. Looking at that before photos it looked FARKED! :shock: Brilliant work getting it running again. I love the HISS bypass too! :lol:

did it already have that exhaust on it when you bought it? Looks like a good length.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Damo » Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Ive got two pipes for it: that one (the loud one) and a shorty assassin pipe for when we hit up the carparks and dont want anyone to know we are there ;) The only problem with the assassin pipe is that its a bit too long and will scrape before the 12 bar...sorry, the 3 o'clock bar :P
Damo

Postby willis » Tue May 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Good to see the old girl in action, would have been such a waste to pimp it for parts :wink:

those brake set ups are the bomb, i used Kevyns on the weekend, its amazing!!!

Get a seal kit for the rear master and get Kev to fit it up for ya :D
willis

Postby JixxerBeau » Tue May 26, 2009 9:22 pm

i posted in the other forum but im totally imprssed! awesome work Damo
Its pronounced Jixxer not Gixxer
JixxerBeau

Postby bones » Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

not bad for a guy with a small penis and a badly misshaped ball bag.

you fkn pimp lol.
Proudly sponsored by YOUR MUM.
bones

Postby PotHole#281 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 pm

yeah nice resurrection, why people get rid of there rides after one smash is beyond me, ITS JUST THE START OF A PERFECT STUNTER, let ya bones mend and give her some cpr.
Is it 12 o'clock yet ?
PotHole#281

Postby Damo » Fri May 29, 2009 7:36 pm

bones wrote:not bad for a guy with a small penis and a badly misshaped ball bag.

you fkn pimp lol.
damn it...haha did my lil bro get on my facebook account? Ive stung him a couple of times so i guess its my turn to have the "small dick and fuked up ballbag" :shock: :lol:
Damo

Postby Bender » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm

FARK :shock: Nice work Damo... retired my ass....

Hey can I ask why you replaced the F4i front end and didn't upgrade it? or did ya do springs and valves?
Team CUNNINGSTUNTS
http://www.cunningstunts.com

Proudly Sponsored By:

SHIFT Racing - http://www.shiftracing.com
BlackMarket Films - http://www.blackmarketfilms.com.au
RAPID Bikes - http://www.rapidbikes.com.au
Bender

Postby Damo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:50 pm

We decided to get another fizzle front end cos it was cheap and available right then ;) We've got a bloke on our forum thinkin bout putting a 929/954 front end on his F4 but the wreckers are quoting upwards of $1500-$2G for a complete unit. That is FAR too expensive for me to even entertain! I could probably get a front end cheaper if i did some homework but the current one is fine. I just need to get the front brakes working properly...but they dont get used anyway ;)
Damo

Return to General Chat