just joined forum, need some advice

General Discussion

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

just joined forum, need some advice

Postby 02die » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi guys,

My names Anthony, i had a chat with willis over email and he told me to join to get some advice from all you smart people on here! :D Been riding on the road for 6 years, feel like i've done all i can do on a road bike, want to get into stunts, but don't want to sell my 2006 600rr, so instead of buying a wreck and turning it into a trick bike, im going to wreck this bike by turning it into a trick bike haha. The mods on it currently are: GPR steering dampner, full yoshi system, 520 chain and sprockets, +3 teeth on back and -1 tooth at front, and hell sticky metzler racetecs rubbers. I need is a cage, 12 bar, which Willis has helped me out with and will be giving Jar a ring tomorrow morning, Thanks mate. But sprockets, where can i get a good setup and roughly how much? And how many teeth should i get? Should a get a different handlebar setup? Anything else that i have missed??
02die

Re: just joined forum, need some advice

Postby benaylen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 pm

hey mate,
Welcome to the forum :cheers:
I am not a good stunt rider by any stretch of the imagine, so my advice could suck but I'll just try pass on as best I can what I've been told.
Jar will make you up something good and strong. Everything he does, he does well.
I think most people will tell you to leave the big sprocket until you're good at balance point wheelies and you can slow them down. There are pics of JB scraping his 600RR at Moto Mayhem with stock gearing, so it can be done. Stock clip-ons too maybe.
As for handlebars, you see a mix out there of stock clipons, upside stock clipons, after market clipons and MX bars. Maybe have a sit on a few different bikes and see what feels right for you.
About the only thing you've missed is a handbrake setup but if you're just getting into stunting you're probably a fair while away from needing one of those.
Have you done your tilt sensor so your bike doesn't cut out in a wheelie?
Ben
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby 02die » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for the advice, as for the tilt sensor i havent touched it because to be honest, i am so shit at wheelies it is not funny........ haha yeh its funny. The only thing close to stunting for me is stoppies that go for 15 metres and putting my knee down around corners(thats not even a stunt!). Another question, jb's cbr looks hell sick, where can u get a similar front end setup, i want to keep it registered so i need a headlight just so i can ride from spot to spot instead of having to load it up on my ute all the time.
02die

Postby benaylen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Any good bike shop should stock a heap of different dirt bike headlights made by UFO, Acerbis, etc. They are pretty cheap <$100 but if you want something a bit more bling, I found some cool ones on the AUSFR site but they aren't cheap - http://ausfr.com.au/cart/shopdisplaypro ... IGHT+UNITS
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby willis » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 am

:D I dissagree with the gearing comment, you get used to what your riding hey and i say the bigger the better as soon as possible :albino: But if your still thinking of hitting the streets its gotta be a compramise :|

http://www.thestuntfactory.com/selectsprocket.html

That site has some good advice about gearing :cheers:

Im just about to do an order from here http://www.haibikeshop.com/ if you want anything we can save on postage :wink:

Ill be able to explain a lot more when we hook up for a ride hey, what type of bike are you on?
willis

Postby el sammo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:10 pm

hey man welcome to the site! yeh get a cage on youre RR and youol be laughin
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby 02die » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Well everything has been set into motion, jay is getting me a 60 tooth sprocket and a new chain nice and cheap, Jarrad will be starting work on my bike next week with the cage and 12 bar, will be stripping off all the fairings tomorrow night after work, i'm a little nervous but psyched haha. Thanks again for all the help and advice guys. Hey Jay, on your profile it says you got busted by ACA, so do you have a copy of the story they ran on you? lol they wouldve made you out like a crazy road maniac that kills babies or some random shit like that.....
02die

Postby JB » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 pm

welcoime to the site mate. 1st f all, imo 60 is too big. i have 55 rear 1 down front on my 06 600rr. i can rock idle on that no probs and Puris has rocked out some sick no throttle hand circles on it infront of me and he will confirm that the gearing i got is ust fone. i have a heap of spare parts i want to part with if your keen mate. i have some oem fairings that have some light scuffs on them that would be perfect for a stunt bike. missing an upper and front gaurd though. have another set complete that is mint though. headlights and tail lights with both sets. anyway, i'll be up there soon with Bender, so will prolly meet up then dude.
cheers.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby willis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:00 pm

So that explains why your not doing circles JB :lol:

Get the 60 dude
willis

Postby el sammo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:50 pm

what? youre all nuts my 2c depends what kind of ridin you want and personal choice, bike etc, id say stick with the stock sprocket until youre scrapin smoothy and slowin it down

RR will ride fine with a 55t rear plently of idle pull, doesnt make any difference for circles unless youre goin for no throttle hand Os
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Return to General Chat