Currentl Goals for US.

Moderator: Paul

Currentl Goals for US.

Postby Bender » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:06 pm

I am trying to list our short term goals for the next 6 months or so.

TV Exposure (More of), who else can we target? what other existing programs can we approach to provide them with interesting content for their show?

We need sponsorship, Ucnle is working on a mate of his, and if that comes through we could be laughing, but its a waiting game as allways.

ICON, I have finished the proposal, just need to get some more printer toner, then I am posting it to the US.

Furgessons called me today, we are going to try and have a meeting with Paul Barker and the boss Brian Furgeson in the next few weeks, when they are going past canberra.

We need to paint the bikes, and if we don't have sponsor perhaps look at trying to suit our selves up in a "professional" team manner

Get our events up and running, possibly look at holding a comp later in the year, (we would need a different type of insurance for this, or we can state only teams with insurance can enter???) put some $$$ up for grabs.
Bender

Postby mike_rock » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:52 pm

The guy who has offered to paint the helmets also can do a whole bike.... maybe have more of a chat with him and see what you can organise.

If he is happy to do it for nothing but some stickers, I think it would be a good deal, free paint jobs for sticker placement. Maybe talk to Hectic about getting some stickers made up for the sponsors for the bikes and put his on there, plus a good discount for any extra stickers we want to get printed through him??

The only thing would be you would need to send the fairings and tank up here to his workshop... but maybe you could organise something there with the bike transport co??

Also might be an idea to clear the bikes once the stickers are on to give them more life... Sam's keep wearing off real quick!!

Personally I think its time that you maybe dedicate a bike to stunting/shows... its a big ask, but if you have a bike that is shows/comps only, then you could get something that could be on the road and something at home you could practice on...

Any sponsor deals you take on, try and budget for a cheap practice stunter or something??

Exposure... Maybe send out promo's with a profile/resume of some kind to any TV's or magazines that may be interested in doing a feature article or putting some shots in random segments??

Ozbike did a feature on MC Roadrunner... I am sure we could get a article done in there??

Contact promoters from Big events that have rounds throughout the year and send them a promo profile/resume with a "quote" that is negotiable if a contract is agreed upon, guaranteeing Cunningstunts for all the rounds.
mike_rock

Postby Bender » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29 pm

sounds good, dunno about sending out shit up there to be painted, thats 4 sets of fairings to be sprayed lots in $$$ to post that, I think we would be better off looking for someone in Sydney...

I can make up a base Sponsorship pack with a base quote eg you give us some free stuff we run some stickers, this can be taken to local business see if they are interested in sponsoring us.

JB, Boxer, who do you know that is a painter, Boxer surely you have connections.... ?

I like the idea of hitting TV Shows and other magazines, I will try to write a general story about what we have been upto bla bla bla.

Daniel have you written anything for the last TITS? I would like to put something forward to Rapid.

Cheers,
Bender

Postby mike_rock » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:21 am

OK... gonna have some more time soon!!

I will have a new promo for you guys in the next two weeks....

Same lines as Sammo's little thing I did to give out to Businesses as a thanks, but a Team based promo. My suggestion would be to make a cover design with all the info like a video business card... It will have an introduction, rider segments, MIA trailer and bonus section with some extra promo's and webclips... maybe get like 250 printed up with maybe a small stickerpack. It will be about $500 to $600 all up, but the exposure would be invaluable

We could have these to hand out at shows, and maybe even sell a few for like $5 at shows/comps. So its not a big money maker, but more of a lets get EVERYONE seeing Team Cunningstunts EVERYWHERE!!!

It may fall into the hands of someone that would be very interested to know more.

Bender, could you please send me a Hi Res copy of all the Magazine Covers we've been featured in and a selection of Hi Res photos from events to make a slideshow for the bonus material...

Ok, gotta go to work, I will call you up later this week!!
mike_rock

Postby Bender » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:36 pm

Nice work mate, I will get those pics to you ASAP, I am going to use yousendit.com as its free and quicker than the post, have you fixed up your email yet?

Do you want me to remove your auto forwarding and reset you password for the cunningstunts email?

I think flooding the market with tons of copies is a definate winner! Its bound to end up all over the place... ;)

Talk to ya soon.
Bender

Postby Boxer » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Hey Bender,

Let me know when you're gonna send that Icon prop to me so I can set aside some time to have a good look through it.

Cheers
Boxer

Postby el sammo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:25 pm

yep dvds are where its at, its hard to explain stunting to someone, but easy to put a dvd in a player!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby Bender » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 pm

Boxer, I just sent you an email to boxer@cunningstunts.com with the Icon proposal.

Sorry mate this week has been hell for me....
Bender

Melbourne contingent?

Postby mike_rock » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:57 am

Hey Fellas,

I have been chatting with DStunts down in Melbourne recently trying to get to know him a little better and suss out his situation because on occassion, if there is rider out there with talent that could help make a positive step forward in giving the team more to offer as a whole, we should consider putting up an offer to join the team.

Bender and I were talking the other day about ways to offer shows at a reasonable price Australia wide and one solution was to have at least one rider in each state so you have a base person to contact locals and also cut travelling costs to do a two man show. Also the rider would be able to handle the stunt practice days (since insurance requires a team member be present for the insurance to be valid), so again we cut travel cost in organising the day to have a Cunningstunts member present.

Anyway, this is just a post to see what you all think about possibly inviting DStunts as a Melbourne based team Member?

A bit of background so far to give you something to think about if you dont know him.

He posted up on Ozstuntbikes a while back originally on a motard. Was busting some sick tricks on that at the time too.

He had a Suzuki 600 or 750 I think that he looped when learning, but got that fixed (on the cheap and pretty dodge) and started riding that. struggled cause of the bike condition but he decided if he was going to be serious about stunting, save up and buy an f4i dedicated stunter.

He did that and since he has had that, just been practicing and now he is busting some awesome shit including no throttle hand circles. He has just had an operation to remove some cancer that was found, so at this stage he is taking time to himself to recover and see if all the cancer is gone (which is going to be about 3 to 6 months) depending on his chemo.

When I mentioned I would like to have a chat with him to see what he is doing with his riding and where he wants to go, he was straight up and didnt bullshit about his situation. Also mentioned that NAM and the FUF boys have offered him a spot on their team (so it probably wont be long before FTP boys think about it, cause I know they have been trying to get Lukey on board), but he has told them the same thing... he is gonna wait until the chemo is done and he is fully recovered to see if he could fill the shoes of joining a team and possible riding full time.

He said he wouldnt want to commit if he couldnt fulfill the requirements, so right there you can see he is level headed and not a poser who is looking to inflame his head to a proportion that he wouldnt be able to fit his helmet back on.

I think (this is my opinion anyway), that pending his recover and if he can still ride and wants to, we leave an open offer once we have more of a chat and learn a little more about his situation, to join Team Cunningstunts.

He is a down to earth guy who is riding for the technical aspect... not to show off first like for instance Dangerous Dave. I think he could bring some game to the team and offer a solid contact point in Melbourne for the team. He knows most of the stunt crews down there and gets along with them too, so this is positive as well.

Anyway, just something to think about... I have spoken to a few of your briefly about the idea over the phone if we have been talking but havent posted up yet cause I wanted to learn more about him before posting up.

POST UP YOUR THOUGHTS!! 8)
mike_rock

Postby JB » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:00 pm

in the past i have thought bout him being part of team cunningstunts but was simply a thought i had that i didnt share with anyone. i do remember thinking "fark" this guy has some skill when he posted those pics on OSB on the dirt bike. does seem like a really nice, down to earth guy. i'm happy to have him on the team.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby el sammo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:50 pm

I dont know him that well, but from what contact ive had with him he seems like a good bloke, would be a good idea to have riders in each state, just need NT,WA & TAS now haha
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Return to Archive