Dirt Action

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Dirt Action

Postby j-rad » Thu May 05, 2005 10:41 am

Hey lads. Lets see how this goes for organising these trips....there may be a dirt forum dedicated for this sort of thing in the future.
Feel free to add any ideas or probs.

28/29 May
Capt Flat > Bendethra > Duea NP > Home
Distance: 135km round trip.
Fuel: Approx 10litres required. 7-8 litres required to make fuel drop/camp.
Ambo Cover will start to be mandatory on these trips.
$$ required to cover 4WD support + $10 map donation (for Aaron)
We will need to drop all the gear off to the 4WD the nite b4.
Stuff to bring:

Camping gear (make sure you'll be warm!)
Gerry can/funnel
Esky with food.(or should I buy food and use own eskies etc and charge each person a small fee for food? Might be easier to organise food for everyone in one large lot....don't know about this one.

All riding gear/bikes etc will go with riders to Capt Flat. Cars to be parked at Forest Gate. We shouldn't have to pay any $$ to him for just parking. Plus all the gear is secure.

11/12/13 June - Long Weekend
Above trip but riding to Tuross after camping at Bendethra > and home again!
Dist: 180-200kms
Fuel dump required.

For future rides or suggestions please contact:
yoshi@cunningstunts.com
j-rad

Postby Davo » Thu May 05, 2005 10:54 am

How much exactly do we need for the 4WD support.

Anyone who wants to come riding this weekend let me know as well.
Ill be heading out even if no one is coming but let me know if ya wanna do a full or half day.

Also Jarrod...Do we need to pay Mal anything for leaving our gear out there on the june and may ride...

And remember everyone
MY BIKE IS FOR SALE not that any of you want it hehe

RM 250 2000 3500 ono My mobile is 0423 659 219
Tell everyone you know who rides or wants to start.
Davo

Postby j-rad » Thu May 05, 2005 11:01 am

Not sure how much for 4WD. Trav/Me/Chemical Jim and a few others are going to drive to Bendethra on the 14/15. We should be able to gauge how much it'll cost each person to chip in. PLus when I have a bit more of an idea of exactly how many ppl are coming cause the more that come the cheaper it will be.

I don't think we'll have to pay Mal - or if we do it'll be minimal. benders mates didn't pay last time so I don't see why we'll have to.
j-rad

Postby Bender » Thu May 05, 2005 3:57 pm

Yoshi wrote:Not sure how much for 4WD. Trav/Me/Chemical Jim and a few others are going to drive to Bendethra on the 14/15. We should be able to gauge how much it'll cost each person to chip in. PLus when I have a bit more of an idea of exactly how many ppl are coming cause the more that come the cheaper it will be.

I don't think we'll have to pay Mal - or if we do it'll be minimal. benders mates didn't pay last time so I don't see why we'll have to.

Yeah, I reckon if we talk nice to the bloke we should be able to get some free parking I can't see why he would charge us when we ride there every other weekend.
Bender

Postby j-rad » Thu May 05, 2005 5:00 pm

Yeah - I agree. He's an alright bloke and I'm sure he won't charge us. Maybe if we go riding for 3 days in June (2 camp nites? - We can talk later whether we ride for 2 or 3 days) we might offer him a token $ for all vehicles - but I wouldn't be paying until he asks....
j-rad

Postby OOO » Thu May 05, 2005 11:37 pm

you know up on the central coast we got lots of greenies and they do sh*t in the bush to ruin a ride or a 4x4, i once was flying down this goat trail 5th gear band when i hit a piece of barbed wire strung accross 2 trees accross the track. luckily the wire was low and hit the front forks in between the tyre and the mud guard, as you could imagine the bike came to a pretty fast holt, but i kept going. didnt get to hurt but i sure made me weary of going so fast down track's after that. damn greenies. 8)
OOO

Postby Davo » Fri May 06, 2005 10:52 am

Is anyone coming out this weekend.
Probably going sat or sun if no one can on sat.
just heading out to the brindies for a bit of a bash.
Hopefully going out about 10-11.
Davo

Postby Davo » Fri May 06, 2005 10:54 am

what sort of tyres should I get again??
what are those mich's tires?
Davo

Postby j-rad » Fri May 06, 2005 1:59 pm

Davo - get Michellin S12 front M12 rear.
j-rad

ride

Postby Davo » Fri May 13, 2005 9:59 am

anyone whos keen
ride this weekend brindies
just me and a couple of mates
probably sat
Davo

Postby Jay » Fri May 13, 2005 10:06 am

I run the same Michelin's all round. SIC tyres. Throws some mean roost.
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby Davo » Fri May 13, 2005 2:14 pm

Whats going on with the June ride.
Im thinking if I dont have my new bike by then I might have to give it a miss. Even if we can ride all the way to get to tuross you still need to go on sealed roads. No other way. And cops down their dont like me much either.hehe. Especially when riding unrego'd mx bike.
But whats the plan for that ride anyway. Are we supposed to be stopping or riding strait through to tuross.
Thoughts??
Davo

Postby j-rad » Fri May 13, 2005 4:04 pm

June Ride 11/12/13 Long weekend
Possibly riding for 3 days - open for discussion though.
Riding to Bendethra again - camp and explore round there > Tuross >camp >back in a day on Monday earlish.

I will be expecting ppl to have rego/license/ambo cover. Mainly for the police and fine factor + if you hit another vehicle in the scub with out all of this you'd be in a world of trouble....

It may be a pain but it's worth the extra $$ to do it legally. Plus you're right - there will be some travelling on public sealed roads (only a tiny bit, but there will be...)
Either that OR we go on a ride to one of these larger ride parks (Binacrombie @ GLBN or Buckenbowra @ the bay)

What does everyone think about not riding to Tuross in June and perhaps travelling somewhere to a BIG bike park somewhere?
j-rad

hmmm BIKE PARKS

Postby Davo » Thu May 19, 2005 11:18 am

Sounds good going to one of the bigger bike parks....Im not really fussed but especially if I dont have a new bike by then it would be great for me but I also know a few other guys on unrego'd bikes who would love to come. Everyone put you to bits in and we will know what we want to do as a whole.....whats the go with meeting up on friday....we still doing trav's?
Davo

Postby Jay » Thu May 19, 2005 12:12 pm

Been to Binacrombie...SUCKS BALLS!!!

They say on their website that they have two MX tracks and that both are finished.

1 is finished, its a loop with no jumps.
The 2nd one is meant to be the Blokesworld track, it has two jumps on it, the track is definately not complete despite what they say on their website. The beginners track has not been grated in like 6 months so if you do actually go on an 80 you'd get lost in the potholes.

NOT COOL!!! Mate and I booked in for a couple of days and went home after 4 hours. Try somewhere else. We told them what we thought and they said their only grater had over $300k damage and didn't know when it was going to be fixed...yeah right.

ANGRY DIRT RIDER!!
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Next

Return to Dirty Stuff