Bending Bendethra 28/29 May 2005

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Bending Bendethra 28/29 May 2005

Postby j-rad » Fri May 13, 2005 9:40 am

So - the next ride for those in the know is
Bendethra
2 day ride - Camp Sat nite at Bendethra - warm clothes needed.
Approx 150km round trip
Your fuel/camp gear to Trav's place Fri 27 May
Early start - meet at QBN McDonalds?

How's everyone tyres - and maintenence *looks at Davo* :D
j-rad

hmmmm maintanece

Postby Davo » Mon May 16, 2005 10:43 am

Yeah my bike needs a bit of TLC.
which it gets so much of.
Alex took me out again on sunday so have a few repairs to do. He also now has reasonable leak in his radiator so both of our bikes have a bit of a question mark on them.
Not sure if aron is going to come at all?
Apart from that im keen as and as long as my bike is good to go ill have my new tire and shit.
Witnessed the tuffest dato ive seen.
within 3 seconds of getting to the quarry a mate rolled this little 180b. Got a 4wd to pull it out and spent the rest of the day braking it(doing burnouts, driving into boulders\cliffs, etc)
Then another mate (if anyone know the quarry out near vanities they will now what im talking about) drove the little dato over the embankment down into the dam(more of a cliff than embankment)
The dato ran for about 25 mins underwater...yes thats right....after being red lined all day it kept on redlining for another 25 minutes underwater still doing a burnout)
those japs sure can build em.
Davo

Postby Travis » Mon May 16, 2005 11:09 am

Hey people, you can bring your gear over prior to friday if you want and I can store it in my garage until the trip.
Travis

Postby j-rad » Mon May 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Trav - thnx for posting. I will leave it til the Thurs/Fri before the ride.

Should we all get together at a pub or somewhere to discuss the trip?

It's going to be a tuff ride - there's lots of terrain that rivals the likes of the Brindies - plus we don't really know where we're going. I think a meeting to discuss all issues could be good.....
j-rad

Postby j-rad » Mon May 30, 2005 9:52 am

Trip was done and dusted. Well dusty anyways.....

The trip was well....awesome! Some challenging riding, loads of creek crossings and some excellent scenery made for an action packed weekend. A weekend which saw the bikes come to the rescue of the rescue vehicles even!
There were some minor spills from one person - most of which we saw and we were very appreciative of Trav's ability to well - crash! :cheers:

The single tracks were demolished by the likes of Clint and Aaron as were the freshly graded forestry roads - which for the most part looked like a well maintained MotoX track thru the forest with countless Contour banks making the going very quick.

Possibly the funniest story comes from Clint who came barrelling around a corner to find the few riders in front already stopped at a creek crossing - he slid like he was on ice and ended up almost being able to stop - in the middle of creek! He had just enough momentum to make it thru. :fish:

Everyone had a great time and any minor problems we had were solved with humour and more throttle twisting. We totalled 190kms over 2 days riding - which has left a few sore bodies today!

Thnx to Trav and Jade for helping with support vehicles and to Chemical Jim for driving a very HOT vehicle home! :sunny:

3 cheers to everyone who made this trip a huge success and look forward to seeing the pics!
j-rad

Postby Bender » Mon May 30, 2005 10:21 am

Yoshi wrote:Trip was done and dusted. Well dusty anyways.....

The trip was well....awesome! Some challenging riding, loads of creek crossings and some excellent scenery made for an action packed weekend. A weekend which saw the bikes come to the rescue of the rescue vehicles even!
There were some minor spills from one person - most of which we saw and we were very appreciative of Trav's ability to well - crash! :cheers:

The single tracks were demolished by the likes of Clint and Aaron as were the freshly graded forestry roads - which for the most part looked like a well maintained MotoX track thru the forest with countless Contour banks making the going very quick.

Possibly the funniest story comes from Clint who came barrelling around a corner to find the few riders in front already stopped at a creek crossing - he slid like he was on ice and ended up almost being able to stop - in the middle of creek! He had just enough momentum to make it thru. :fish:

Everyone had a great time and any minor problems we had were solved with humour and more throttle twisting. We totalled 190kms over 2 days riding - which has left a few sore bodies today!

Thnx to Trav and Jade for helping with support vehicles and to Chemical Jim for driving a very HOT vehicle home! :sunny:

3 cheers to everyone who made this trip a huge success and look forward to seeing the pics!

Mate thats tops, sorry I missed it but its hard to ride with out a front wheel...LOL

Get those pics up I can't wait to see em....do you tink we could get there and back in a day? did you make it to the coast?
Bender

Postby j-rad » Mon May 30, 2005 10:36 am

Not in one day......Besides it's getting really cold up there - next trip 3 day ride at Ulladulla -- June....
j-rad

Postby Travis » Mon May 30, 2005 1:38 pm

Top trip all round! It was a real adventure I thought we weren't going to make it for a little while there but before we knew it we were well on our way and riding through some awesome scenery.

Glad I could provide some entertainment, just need to do some work on my sideways action! :oops:

Congratulations to Clint who was able to make the trip home with a rear sprocket that had less teeth than ice hockey player!
Travis

Postby j-rad » Mon May 30, 2005 4:04 pm

:D
that sideways action needs ALOT of...errrr...something. Is it Style?...no - perhaps some control? YES! :lol:
j-rad

Postby Travis » Mon May 30, 2005 4:22 pm

HAHAHHA - You have to give me some credit that whole maneuvere was to aviod hitting you - it worked. Besides I knew what was going to happen the second I started - just wasn't sure which side of the bike I was going to fly off.
Travis

Return to Dirty Stuff