Footage

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Postby benaylen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:22 pm

ok, sounds good. I'll take your word for it on the rego front. All I need now is a bike I won't have to rebuild every 15 mins. Nah, it's not that bad, but she's not real good on any straight bits or up hills.
* That reminds me, I need to rebuild the top end AGAIN. Last time I kicked it over, it had such little compression I checked to see if the spark plug was still screwed in :shock:
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby benaylen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:24 pm

oh yeah, the point the this forum....
How's that footage coming along? :wink:
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby j-rad » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:46 am

Yeah - I mean, rego is just peace of mind really. Most of the time the areas we're riding in are very remote we're lucky to even see another bike let alone anyone who cares what we're doin....
graysonline.com.au - has heaps of bargains - yesterday saw a WR450 for $6150! Now that's cheap....

Footage is just taking time at the moment. We have some extra pics from Ulladulla ride and it's just a matter of time. For me to talk to Paul and then to sort out the design of the page......should only be a matter of weeks....
Hmmm - would love to do it sooner, but with time being a constraint it's hard to get anything done!
Cause I'm slack.... :roll:
j-rad

Postby benaylen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:57 am

that WR sounds alright. I need something to get to work on. I'm working in the city at the moment and driving the fuel guzzler (XF ute) to work. How do you reckon a WR would go riden daily to work in traffic? Are they as bad as everyone says when it comes to maintenance / valve clearances / oil / etc :?:

KEYS: Want to have some input in this one :?:
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby j-rad » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:15 am

250 four strokes have more problems with valve recession cause they rev that bit harder. Haven;'t heard of many Yammie 4s having any probs at all.....
Would be a total pain riding to and fro work tho - UNLESS you can have road tyres for it and when you wanna go trail riding have some serious knobbies you can swap over....

Not too hard for you to check the valves by yourself anyways.....
Have done 1700kms now and had v. few probs....
j-rad

Postby benaylen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:22 am

oh yeah, tyres. Those nobbies would turn into slicks in no time. mmm, back to the drawing board. Might just get a better ute.
benaylen
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dirty Stuff