Where is everyone??? Davo even has been really quiet too!

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Where is everyone??? Davo even has been really quiet too!

Postby j-rad » Wed May 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi all,

Where is everyone? It all seems too quiet!
Is anyone riding at the momento?

Dave - how's that trials bike/knee braces going? Did you end up taking it out the other day with the Husky to C.F??

jrod/jrad/yoshi
:D
j-rad

howdy

Postby Davo » Thu May 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Hey man
Nah didnt end up getting out to the flat....Got really pissed on friday night and that kinda ruined my ride for sat....then alex didnt answer on sunday so nah just didnt happen.....But yeah ended up having a good bash on the trials bike on sat....Ended up loosing bit of my back brake the the trials goes into the shop saturday morning.
Should be fixed hopefully by sat arvo....then the husky goes in on monday for valves and kickstart
But yeah was thinking of coast trip for the future sometime mate if there is any chance ya can get a weekend....I dont care when even if its 6 months time....had soo much fun everytime weve been there
But yeah things have been a bit quite I must agree
Davo

Postby j-rad » Thu May 11, 2006 5:31 pm

Someone's alive in the forums!

:)

Yep a coast trip this year would be great....

I propose we try and organise it early and just book a weekend soon for a period after say around August onwards.

Aaron will have to have a new bike before we can do that again..we could just camp in one of the parks but it wouldn't be the same without him!
So after Az get's his new bike we should all have a chat/beer and think about a good time to do it....

Would be great to get down there in the winter....have a nice coastal warm ride and escape the Canberra winter....
j-rad

agreed

Postby Davo » Fri May 12, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah wouldnt be the same down there without azz i must admit....gotta get a good snow ride organised but yeah I was thinking for the coast if we wanted to go before azz gets a new bike we could even camp up on the headland......that way we are right next to the single track and right next to the beach as well!!

Yeah man Ill have to have it organised in advance so that I can get the time off work as well!!
But yeah it is very quite on these forums compared to the "good old days" hehe
where is everyone??

Trav are you still alive??
Davo

Postby benaylen » Fri May 26, 2006 11:09 pm

relax man, I'm still here. I'm keen for coast trip too. I've got a decent ute now so I can even get myself down their in blingin' 18s style. Go the AU.
benaylen
Site Admin

blingin 18's style

Postby Davo » Tue May 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Ya got 18's benno???
must look sick mate :-)
nah forgot to say before that im driving au series2 ute as well...exept mine is a tonner, but on factory gas as well
good utes hey
no 18's for me though

but yeah I reckon coast trip asap
Steves rebuilding his KTM as we speak so hell be in for sure as well
and that snow ride soon is looking good too....its sad to see J-rod selling the husky for roady....but we cant all ride dirt bikes forever I guess.
ill give it a shot though :-)

maybe we try and get a coast trip happening before he sells the husky???
Davo

Postby benaylen » Tue May 30, 2006 5:50 pm

yeh man, I haven't got 'em on there yet but. I'll wait til I've got money to lower it at the same time.

they aren't bad utes. They're no Holden, but they go alright. I reckon the build quality is a bit shitty though. I don't really like Fords that much, but it was cheap and even cheaper to run.

bloody J-rod selling his Husky. Not good, oh well, at least he'll be able to circle wheelie a postie!!!

I'll be up for a cost trip anytime. Just give me plenty of notice. My weekends are normally pretty busy these days. Maybe in August??
benaylen
Site Admin

Holdens

Postby Davo » Wed May 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Holdens are crap.....nah mate like em all really but yeah fords are kinda renowned for their cheap manufacturing but holdens are pretty bad in that area as well.
But yeah agreed cheep as to run on lpg
The ute is really my old mans because he bought it cause he needed a new tipper....so im still driving the courier a lot of the time

Yeah mate august sounds good....ill start talking to the lads and see whos keen....anyone who reads this and is keen just post a reply
Davo

Postby benaylen » Wed May 31, 2006 5:46 pm

good to see you've got a avartar too now dave. Nice work.
benaylen
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:39 pm

Hey lads,

Whens the next Gunning ride. The KTM is keen to be looped out on the step up again.

Talking utes, I've got myself a WB 1 tonner 308 on LPG. Runs through heaps of gas but is cheap as to fill.

Jay
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby benaylen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:47 pm

That's a question that's hot on everyone's lips at the moment. I am hoping to get Keyworth out there for a working bee before the end of June but we'll see. It's up to Keys.
benaylen
Site Admin

Riding

Postby Davo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:38 am

Yeah if ya keen even for captains flat ride or something sometime we should bash it up....Snow riding will be coming soon if the weather keeps staying shit like it is i reckon
but yeah good to hear the ktm is back and running jay

Ya keen for ride soon j-rod??

time we do a captains camp or something i reckon??
Davo

Postby j-rad » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:16 am

Don't fret. I'll only sell the husky if I get absolute top dollar which is highly unlikely.
Most likely plan will be keeping the Husky forever and just waiting out til I can get another roadie, that being said if some numpty offers me the $9K I'd be a fool not to take it.....could buy either a roadie or a mad 450 or something.

Looking like a Capt Flat ride weekend after the long weekend in June.
Couple ppl camping/riding confirmed already.
After that I'm not sure.
Might give the snow riding a miss this year in favour of saving up for a Ulladulla ride in August as per Benno mentioned.

So -
Capt flat: 24/25 Camping
Gunning: July?? Meybe 2 trips...a working bee and a riding..errr...bee?
Ulladulla: August. (Sept last year is when we went for the 4 days...almost a full year from August!)

What does everyone think??
j-rad

Postby benaylen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:22 am

We've had 2 inches of rain and counting.... Anywhere should be good these days.
benaylen
Site Admin

mmm rain

Postby Davo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:04 pm

Yeah mate it all sounds good to me!!!
Cant wait for the coast again and august isnt that far away really so yeah sounds unreal!!!
But yeah mate if ya can get 9k for ya bike you would be crazy not to sell it!!

But yeah I hear ya benno
man with all this rain conditions will be perfect this weekend

might do a day ride on sunday if anyone is keen
Davo

Next

Return to Dirty Stuff