Coast Trip!!!

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Coast Trip!!!

Postby Davo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:05 am

Howdy all
Long time no speak for some of ya

but yeah thinking its time to bash up those lovely coast tracks again soon...not even fussed if we go somewhere new if anyone has any ideas....but if not more than happy to go bash up ulladulla again....But yeah if people arent too keen on camping on the headland we could do up the caravan park again....no dates organised yet so put ya ideas forward lads
Davo

Postby j-rad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:32 pm

When are you thinking of going?

July/August would be out for me if it makes any difference. With a camp ride out at Capts at end of July and also South Coast nats on end of August got a few trips/dates book already.

When we were down there for 4 days last year was Sept! (How time flies...)
So howabout Sept this year again? Gives everyone a bit of time to save + get the relevant leave approvals....

Unless we do a day trip as Benno suggested.
j-rad

Coast

Postby Davo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Didnt really have any dates in mind mate but yeah september is sounding good!!!
Cant do it on the 2nd of september but yeah any weekend after that will be cool...but yeah would probably wanna take a friday or monday off i reckon so notice would be good...But yeah thinking about it last year when we went was good weather as well...not too hot not too cold....But yeah should be fair few people keen i think if its for september...what does everyone prefer camping on headland or in caravan park....Only issue with Headland is not sure how keen the Ranger will be on non-registered dirtbikes...im guessin not to keen
so that puts us back to caravan park...in which case im happy to camp but if were all gunna chuck in for cabin its really not too expensive...but I reckon after last time if we are doing that cash should be paid upfront to save people being out of pocket etc!!
Cant wait bro!!
Davo

Postby j-rad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 pm

Are you still organising a trip down there?

You mentioned you may not be able to come to Capts in July cause of coast trip....is that one still on?

If it is maybe I should not plan another one and ppl can go down in july with ya?
j-rad

coast

Postby Davo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:55 pm

ahh now I know what ya talking about...wasnt quite sure on the phone mate but yeah that trip is pretty much still on...but not really a riding trip...will probably take my bike down anyway for a bit of a bash but yeah were really not sure whats happening yet....the trip hasnt even been %100 decided on yet.
But yeah pretty much anyone is welcome to come!!
Davo

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:25 pm

So when is the Captains Flat ride?

I know it is a pain, but can you describe to me in detail how to get to the mx track and the particulars of what to do.

Also, is it worth keeping a blog in 'Dirt Bikes' listing all the tracks we know of within 200kms as a resource for all of us and anyone who visits the site?

Just keen on taking the Mrs to the Captians Flat track for a sticky and a ride. Can you camp out there?

Jay
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Captains

Postby Davo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 am

Howdy Jay
yeah mate ya can camp out at captains....cant remember what he used to charge Jarrod and I but think wasnt to bad(ya would want a cabin probably at this time of year)....$20 to ride there now I think....When ya get in to captains flat you turn right down the main street and then left just past the service station and up the windy hill...dont go over the bridge and if ya go past the pub ya gone the wrong way!!
After that you go roughly 5-7 km's(completely off the top of my head so dont follow that distance) and then ya turn Right at the T intersection kinda thingy(make sure ya gone past the tip and at the intersection ya should see sign for motorbike riding/camping but might not be there anymore)....anyway turn right there and follow for another couple of km's untill ya see a gate with "forest gate" written on it....turn in there mate and thats the Farm.....Can anyone see if i fcked these directions up....must say mate have sent a few people out there who couldnt find it so ya might wanna give one of us a call to make sure ya got it right!!
Davo

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:31 am

Hey Dave,

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go. The fella has cabins on site does he? Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Can you access any of the forest from his place as well? Sounds pretty good.

When are the boys heading out there? I notice j-rod said something about a July trip out there.

Cheers,

Jay
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

howdy mate

Postby Davo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:29 am

Yeah im pretty sure the J-rod is keen for trip out there at the end of July ....But yeah mate hes got cabins out there and dont think we are going to the coast anymore so probably counts me in as well!!!
and yeah mate there are heaps of trails outside the farm and personally I find them a little less boring....The farm is OK but unless ya wanna spend all day riding the motorcross track there isnt a lot....But yeah there are some good tracks around...if we are going out ill get my mate alex keen who lives out there and get him to show us some new tracks...but i guess if ya havent been out all the tracks will be new....but yeah we normally just park at alex's house which is in captains flat town and ride up into the hills from there....that way if we ride into the farm we dont have to pay :D ....tight i know...but yeah if ya are going to the farm to ride the track for a day its probably worth paying so if ya do fck yaself up he will at least call the ambulance for ya :twisted:
Davo

Postby j-rad » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:29 am

Hi Jay,
He's got cabins - even if they are a bit rough.
Well - there's cheaper cabins which are shipping containers then there is the 'Honeymoon' suite which is more exe - but has several bunk beds (take yer own sheets tho... ;o) and a fire inside....
I'd think you're a brave man to be camping out there this time of year - check out Dave's pics of it snowing out there a few weeks back!

The plan will be a day trip out to Capts Flat on either 29/30 July. We were going to camp but am thinking of a coast trip so will save my dough.

Gotta remember - as he charges $20/day for riding - it'll end up costing ya $40 to ride for the weekend + $20 or 40 'admin' fee on the cabin + $10 each person that stays in cabin....

track is pretty good.
Dave's directions pretty close to the mark.
All I'd add is that once you head u the hill after going thru capts flat you will hit dirt road after only a few kms - go to the T intersection like dave mentioned and it's a property on the LEFT after you've been driving for around 5 or more kms after the T intersection....

Why don't we just meet at the Capts Flat road turnoff (outside QBN) and Convoy out there?! You could still camp with yer missus but the few of us going prolly won't be camping.

Cheers!
j-rad

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:42 am

Thanks Jarrod

I was thinking of going at a different time again with the missus. I'd be keen to make it out with you guys though on the 29/30 July weekend.

Thanks for the advice and directions. Hope to see you all some time soon.

Jay
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

COAST

Postby Davo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:59 am

Howdy Lads

Just trying to get an idea of when everyone wants to go to the Coast...Last time we went in September so was thinking would be a good time to get back down there and we had a pretty good run of weather last time as well!!
But need to put my leave in soon to make sure I get the weekend we want so whats everyone think about dates

I was thinking weekend of 23rd or 30th sept....whats everyone else reckon
Davo

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:25 pm

I'm out for September guys, got a bub due on 12 Sept. First one so we are pretty excited. Hopefully catch you at Captains Flat before then though.
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby Davo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Congrats on the bub mate
Hope it all goes smoothly for ya!!
Davo

Postby j-rad » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Congrats Jay!! Awesome news mate!!
Between you, Az and I we'll be able take the young tackers out and show em how to errr....ride *crash*

:D

Again - awesome news Jay!
j-rad

Next

Return to Dirty Stuff