who's riding

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

who's riding

Postby j-rad » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:11 am

on here these days???

it's all been a bit quiet on the DIRT front.......
j-rad

Postby el sammo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:37 pm

ive been really lazy, got dirt wheels for the CRF but havent used them for ages! gotta get back out and git dirty!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby j-rad » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:51 am

nice sammo!

I have missed the husky (just a little bit...) but now the new GSXR is in the shed I'm not so fussed....

I'll still head out to Bender's massive property for the camping weekends when they're on - ya should try and make it down here one of these days and check it out - massive farm, massive jumps ('Benno' and the boys placed one of the massive metal made ramps INTO one of the dams so they can use the back of the dam wall as a down ramp.....getting HUGE air.......)
8)
j-rad

Postby hecko » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Holy shit that sounds crazy! I finally got the dirt wheels on my WR400 and am going out this weekend for my virgin dirt ride, wish me luck! :lol:
hecko

Postby j-rad » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:14 am

Go hard Hecko!

Dirt is fun - ya body sure does cop a flogging - much more so than a roadie, even stunting........

take some pics and post em up mate! Keys WR426 needs some friends!
j-rad

Postby hecko » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Yeah if I remember I might try and take my sisters camera as mine is stuffed. I am only going out by myself though to Pacific Park. I havent heard the best things about that place but it is pretty close... and well to be honest I will probably suck so dont anywhere flash to ride atm :lol:

Chances are I am just going to wheelie most of the day cause the sprocket is huge compared to what I used to ride around on in motard form! :twisted:
hecko

Postby hecko » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 am

ok well I lied I hardly wheelied at all. Very bumpy and loose so it kept spinning when I went to clutch it up. Any advice on that front? I assume you just need to find some nice flat grass to practice yeah?

In any case look at my myspace page (its in my profile) at my last blog and the pictures in the pacific park album. Had so much fun today it wasnt funny. A couple of headaches but nothing was going to stop me riding today! :D
hecko

Postby j-rad » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:09 pm

sounds like u still had some fun though!!

tehniques will vary from to person to person, bike to bike, conditions etc etc, but I like standups most of the time. On a dirt bike, because of all that suspension, try sort of jumping/weighting the rear via your legs/footpegs and when the suspension is on the rise you can then do a few things but experimenting in small increments is the key unti you feel comfortable.
I like to use really steady throttle control with little or no back brake until you start those really high/slower wheelies where ur brake/clutch/throttle all have to be working well...

anyhow, far be it to me to preach riding techniques but this is my experience and practice makes perfect and all that....

ride hard & stay upright...

AND SEND PICS !! :D
j-rad

Postby el sammo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Try not usin the clutch and just bounce it up with the throttle
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Return to Dirty Stuff