learnin to stunt?!

Got any good advice ? Post it here.

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

learnin to stunt?!

Postby Dave » Sat May 21, 2005 2:00 am

i have recently purchased my first bike..it is a honda 250 hornet cos thats all i can have until im off my l's anyways i really want to stunt!! i can do basic small wheelies and switchbacks and skitching all taht basic stuff but i want to hold a wheelie like really hold it and eventually go through the gears but i want to know.... is this possible one a 250?? and or is it too much stress on the bike any help would be appreciated thanks guys.
Dave

Postby Paul » Sat May 21, 2005 8:38 am

Hi Dave :)

Anything is possible, I've seen people wheelie scooters for miles (kms).

However, Swichbacks and Skitching are not what I'd call "basic".

Please, please, please be careful. this sort of stuff is dangerous.

As far as bikes go this sort of stuff puts a lot of stress on any bike, I like my R1 simply 'cause it doesn't seem to mind lugging my fat arse arround to much ( I think I'd kill a 250 simply 'cause I weigh too much :oops: )

Cheers

Paul
Paul
Site Admin

Postby OOO » Sat May 21, 2005 10:54 pm

really mate, you gotta go slow. you wont be a stuntrider over night, and try avoiding doing it on the street, coz theres nothing worse than getting your ride confiscated :( be deturmond and you'll get to where you want to be :wink:

ps: 400 posts you guys will never catch me :D
OOO

Postby Shakti Stunter » Sun May 22, 2005 6:03 pm

Corey...... only 400?

and out of curiosity, would you say the wheelie is the easiest stunt to perform? or the burnout?
May a flea climb up my ass find happiness.
Shakti Stunter

Postby OOO » Sun May 22, 2005 8:33 pm

wheelie
OOO

Postby HYPE » Sun May 22, 2005 8:37 pm

umm the burn-out wheelie! :D
HYPE

Postby Shakti Stunter » Sun May 22, 2005 8:39 pm

HYPE wrote:umm the burn-out wheelie! :D

wow, lost out..... you didnt do one of those last night........ :D
May a flea climb up my ass find happiness.
Shakti Stunter

Postby BlueHeeler » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:39 am

Prowess could wheelie her Suzuki Across without too much effort. Put my 85+kg frame on it and things got a little more difficult. But sitting on the pillion seat it was fine. Now she is on a Katana its impossible to wheelie. Just a longer wheelbase and most weight up front.

I find burnouts a lot easier than wheelies. Just too expensive to do on my bike. :(
"SUZUKI: Common choice of ride amongst wellhung Motorcycle riders. Owners tend to be more skilled and less full of bulls*** than other riders ie, Honda, Yamaha" (urbandictionary.com)
BlueHeeler

Postby STREET ELITE ALEX » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:47 am

deffinatelt burnout is easyer. i cant wheely at all but can do rolling burnouts all day. yet to do a circle though. bluheeler why dont you just get used tires and put em on to practice. the one i got on now is 2nd hand and will even pass rego
STREET ELITE ALEX

Postby HYPE » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:03 pm

STREET ELITE ALEX wrote:deffinatelt burnout is easyer.

yup easier than BP wheelies and the likes.. but theyre on par with a a chasing minger i reckon

STREET ELITE ALEX wrote:i cant wheely at all but can do rolling burnouts all day. yet to do a circle though.

i could have sworn you were turning them at the last SS?
I thought circle burners would be hard, i just jumped into a circle one day and it felt natural...

STREET ELITE ALEX wrote: bluheeler why dont you just get used tires and put em on to practice. the one i got on now is 2nd hand and will even pass rego

god bless bike shops.... theyre more than willing to throw them at you as they have to pay a disposal tariff on the used rubber anyway 8)
HYPE

Return to Tech Talk