Gearing up a dirter for stunting.

Got any good advice ? Post it here.

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Gearing up a dirter for stunting.

Postby MicahB » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:42 am

iv got an 05 crf250r that i usually ride motox on but after meeting the boys from cunningstunts im keen as to get into stunting. im running a 51 tooth rear sprocket. 13 tooth front. and at the mo got my dirt wheels on, 21 and 19 in respectively. wats the first and basic mods to do?
iv got my wheelies sussed as much as i can on the dirt and i can do sum stoppies etc. but havnt tried much stuff on the tarmac. any suggestions?
MicahB

Postby el sammo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:08 pm

good bike choice man! ive got a crf450 motard its mad, best mod you can do is get some motard wheels on the bitumen they feel so much more stable! with mine i wound the idle up a little too to smooth it out, if you get real serious i have a 60t sprocket and chain in the shed to suit CRF only good for small area technical stuff though
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Postby MicahB » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 am

yeah thatd be awesome. thats wat id like to practice due to lack of large areas to play in. iv been tryn to practice that sorta stuff up and down my driveway. neighbors gtn a little annoyed now though. went a bit fast the otha day trying to scrape the rear mudguard down. flippd the bike into their property. over a 3 foot fence and fully cleared it! haha.
MicahB

Postby el sammo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:46 pm

hahah sik! bit of destruction is always fun! i was doin a local show with willis saturday went to foot plant off a wall, missed by about 30cm and smashed my foot through a window was hell funny
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby Mr Greggles » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Speaking of which sammo, pics up soon on facebook!!
Mr Greggles

Postby el sammo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:53 pm

yo! hey greg wots crackin man
Get beers or die tryin

el sammo

Postby PotHole#281 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:49 pm

hey MicahB. depending on if you still have standard levers and not the after market fold back type youd wanna run bark busters or loosen the lever clamps just slightly on the bars cause when you drop it you'll go through levers real quick even drill a hole through about an inch in from the end of ya lever gives you a weak point so if its gonna break it'll leave you with enough to keep going
Is it 12 o'clock yet ?
PotHole#281

Postby JB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 pm

get some pics up dude. i wanna see you rocking this thing all tarded out 8)
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby Bender » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm

The CRF is such a nice bike :)

And hell yeah post up some pics...
Bender

Postby MicahB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:45 am

il try get some tonight but cant promise. Baby is due on thursday now! so just tryn to sort al the shit out and get it ready. no motard rims yet. just have road tyre on front. and torn and schredded up old dirt tyres on the back. (they wernt that bad when i started.) i was tryn highchair stuff the other day on it and im walkn with a bit of a limp again now. haha. throttle cable seized at 3/4 throttlle and i did about 50km and still going faster into the side of my car! it was funny shit! Missus saw the whole thing. she wasnt very happy. lol.
MicahB

Postby JB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:30 pm

hahahahaha. i just got the picture in my head of that happening as i read it lol. that would have been GOLD to watch. good to hear your not too beat up from it though.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Return to Tech Talk