does any one practice stunts in canberra

Got any good advice ? Post it here.

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

does any one practice stunts in canberra

Postby whitey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:49 pm

hey i'm new to the site just wondering if you guys have anywhere leagal/sneaky to practice stunting in canberra because doing wheelies an burnouts out at the cotter is getting kinda dodgy :?
take it easy....and if its easy take it home
whitey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: canberra

Postby willis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

NO!!! every one in Canberra is too pre occupied with their porn and fireworks!!! Why o why do we not get access to porn and fireworks in QLD??

Bender will contact you Whitey :wink:
User avatar
willis
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Brizvegas QLD

Postby whitey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:52 pm

the fireworks get old pretty quickly but there is a lot of porn stores lol
take it easy....and if its easy take it home
whitey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: canberra

Postby el sammo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:39 pm

hey whitey welcome to the site dude, yeh bender lives in canberra hit him up
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
User avatar
el sammo
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

Postby benaylen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

hey whitey, welcome to the site. Sweet! Another Canberran stunter :D

Best bet (i reckon) is to come up to StuntSkills at Oran Park on Jan 25th. There is usually a few of us that drive up there from Canberra in a big convoy including Bender, myself, Taz, and there have been other people join us before including one other bloke on a trials bike.
StuntSkills caters from full beginners to pro's and there is always a real mix of not only skill but bikes too including dirt bikes, fifty's, full fairing commuters, dedicated stunt bikes and even posties. Lunch is provided, and you can ride as much or as little as you want all day for $120 if you book early. Cheap as compared to a track day at Eastern Creek which is $200 for 5 x 20min sessions if you're lucky.

Anyway, it's always an awesome day and super safe. There is more info on the website about it - http://cunningstunts.com/events.shtml#StuntSkills

Hope to see you there.
Cheers
Ben
User avatar
benaylen
Site Admin
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 10:30 am
Location: Canberra

Postby whitey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:57 pm

cool sounds good
take it easy....and if its easy take it home
whitey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: canberra

Postby j-rad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:10 pm

benaylen wrote:hey whitey, welcome to the site. Sweet! Another Canberran stunter :D

Best bet (i reckon) is to come up to StuntSkills at Oran Park on Jan 25th. There is usually a few of us that drive up there from Canberra in a big convoy including Bender, myself, Taz, and there have been other people join us before including one other bloke on a trials bike.
StuntSkills caters from full beginners to pro's and there is always a real mix of not only skill but bikes too including dirt bikes, fifty's, full fairing commuters, dedicated stunt bikes and even posties. Lunch is provided, and you can ride as much or as little as you want all day for $120 if you book early. Cheap as compared to a track day at Eastern Creek which is $200 for 5 x 20min sessions if you're lucky.

Anyway, it's always an awesome day and super safe. There is more info on the website about it - http://cunningstunts.com/events.shtml#StuntSkills

Hope to see you there.
Cheers
Ben


All good info on stuntskills, definately the place to go for this!

Had to say it though a trakday is only just in the last few weeks gone up from 175 to 191 (yeh odd number, very weird) and includes lunch but the reasons why, is if you used EC for stunting it would cost ALOT more, OP for track days is only 130/day and whilst I sort of agree on the 'riding' time you'll get 5 if really unlucky or wet and if you only ride in one group. Ride in 2 groups and you'll get 8-12 sessions, bet you can't even do 8 before ya stuffed trust me! :D
User avatar
j-rad
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:15 am
Location: ACT

Re: does any one practice stunts in canberra

Postby Bender » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:16 am

whitey wrote:hey i'm new to the site just wondering if you guys have anywhere leagal/sneaky to practice stunting in canberra because doing wheelies an burnouts out at the cotter is getting kinda dodgy :?


Welcome to the site!

Yeah cotter is hella dodgy, I have a couple of places I ride but I won't be posting about them on here. Stuntskills is one of the only organised riding events in the country where you can do this sorta thing legally.

I have a couple of spots to ride but they are really only for slow wheelies and they won't allow me to do burnouts at either of the locations.

We are up in Sydney this weekend for Powercruise, Give me a buzz next week on 0414 635 617 we can have a chat see what we can work out.


Cheers, Bender.
User avatar
Bender
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: A.C.T. - AUSTRALIA

Postby whitey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:10 pm

mate i wrapped my bike around a rock the other day so im off the road till i get a new one lol
take it easy....and if its easy take it home
whitey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: canberra

Postby JB » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:50 pm

whitey wrote:mate i wrapped my bike around a rock the other day so im off the road till i get a new one lol


fark. no good dude. how you holding up? all good i assume?
one day i will think of something smart to put here
User avatar
JB
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby whitey » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm

yeah mate all good surprisingly...not even a scratch on me lol i'll try an post some pics
take it easy....and if its easy take it home
whitey
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: canberra

Postby el sammo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am

gotta watch those rocks!
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
User avatar
el sammo
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

Postby Damo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:25 pm

those rocks dont move when you come flying thru on your bike, hey whitey? :roll: I smacked my 04 GSXR1000 into one on Brindabella Road and put a hole in the engine block. Wasn't pretty! Technically i didnt crash either cos i stayed on the bike - I just rode it like i was riding my ex (a shit root cos she just bounces all over the place HAHA) :D
User avatar
Damo
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Perth

Re: does any one practice stunts in canberra

Postby benaylen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

yeah but it was a suzuki so the bottom end cases are only paper thick and made out of recycled coke cans :lol:
User avatar
benaylen
Site Admin
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 10:30 am
Location: Canberra

Re: does any one practice stunts in canberra

Postby Ned » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Talk about dragging up an old post! One year and one day thats awesome :lol:
Team CUNNINGSTUNTS

www.cunningstunts.com



Proudly Sponsored By:



SHIFT Racing - www.shiftracing.com

Fergussons Transport - www.fergussons.com.au

BlackMarket Films - www.blackmarketfilms.com.au

Rapid Bikes - www.rapidbikes.com.au
User avatar
Ned
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Newcastle NSW

Next

Return to Tech Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron