Oil Starvation prevention??

Got any good advice ? Post it here.

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Oil Starvation prevention??

Postby 02die » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Hey guys,

I've noticed oil starvation is a big problem when stunting, but i have heard alot of ways around it and i was just wondering what setup all you guys have? I've heard of people modifying their oil pickups or buying a completely new type of pickup, and then some people have just added more oil and says that does the trick. I would be interested to find out what setup JB has because i have an 06 600rr aswell. Also how often do you guys change your oil? I used to run motul v300 15w-50 fully synthetic, is that a good enough oil to run for stunting or do you guys have an oil of choice?
02die

Re: Oil Starvation prevention??

Postby willis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:42 pm

300V is a track oil and not good for heat cycles, a sales man has sold you this not a technition, you should not be using it on the road and def not for stunting, use 7100.
The CBR600RR is very hard to modify oil pick up wise and no good for stunting (choppy), if you start doing bar tricks you WILL blow the motor. You should sell it and get an F4i before you strip it and trash it or you will regret it, thats my 2c
willis

Postby JB » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 am

what you talking bout WIllis. dude i have been stunting my rr from the day i bought it. over a year now and never had a prob with it. i fill her up to the top of the sight glass and your good to go. as Willis said bout the 300v. thats for track days more or less dude. and very fkn expensive. 7100 10-40 is the way to go dude. or anything similar will also be good. any bike will die if you do constant bar tricks and have it reving hard upright like that on the bar or not. no bike is designed to be sitting at that angle let alone high revs at that sort of angle.
throttle control funnily enough stops choppiness in a wheelie :wink: you dont NEED and f4i dude. the rr is a wicked bike once you get used to it like ANY bike. seat time will improve everything. the tip over sensor you will want to bypass some time soon though as it can be a prob when stunting the rr. i'm pretty sure its the green and red wire you join. the 2 outside ones what ever colour they are. prolly see you next week dude. cheers.
one day i will think of something smart to put here
JB

Postby el sammo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

haha look up teach mcneil when he rode a 600RR ??????? bike looked pretty good for stunting then! :D
Get beers or die tryin

www.myspace.com/sammyk101
el sammo

Return to Tech Talk