Coast Trip!!!

All you dirt bike people - Your own little area to get messy in !

Moderators: Paul, mike_rock, JB

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:24 pm

At least they will get a laugh out of it. My friends youngungs laugh the most when someone gets hurt or does something stupid.

I still find stuff like that funny just quietly.
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby j-rad » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:15 pm

Yep - I agree totally....

I remember this one time - at Gunning when this KTM got all outta shape over that jump..... :lol:
Speakin of your bike - how's it going??
j-rad

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:14 pm

:D Thats me - I noticed I got a run in the dirt bike pics too. Did nothing cool on that day except flip the 360cc.

Yeah the bikes fine, I've just got to get a helicoil put in the sump. Stripped the plug. Aparently its really common in KTMs. $40 and action including labour.

Hey... I remember this one time, at Gunning a dude did a little jump, broke his wrist .....and his favourite helmet.

Hows the bub J-rod. On a pocket rocket yet?
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby j-rad » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:27 pm

LOL - you're a funny fker ;o)

Yep - broke my wrist AND suffered 2 broken fingers that were each broken twice so I guess that was a day for both of us to forget!
Certainly my time jumping is no more....soft trail riding ALL THE WAY! That's all the Husky is good for anyhow....

Bub is going fantastic mate....no pocket bike tho - he's already proven too fast for it so we bought him a postie bike and he's now ripping up the back yard - Cunningstunts style... :D
j-rad

Postby Jay » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 am

Wow, a postie. Does he like being ridden around? No wheelies on the postie I'm guessing.

No more jumps!? I'm still trying to be able to do them right. I don't know if I'll ever master it. Couple more bent subframes and I'll be right.
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby j-rad » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:08 am

LOL - a CT110 at any rate....
Wheelies!? Of course....is the pope catholic?
Just trying to sort out a 12 bar for it! Also trying to see if we can move the petrol tank cause it doesn't like running when it's at that angle...

Ahwell - come out to Capts Flat - you'll really like it. Good mix of Jumps etc and enduro loops + there's a nice big state forest right next door that you could ride all the way to the coast in!
j-rad

Postby Jay » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:22 am

I will. 12 o's on a postie....thats worth a photo.

Are you racing yet? Whens the dream gonna live? Have you got another roadie? My mate is loving his R6. Can't stay off the thing. He rides dirt and road now and loves both. He said he would miss either if he got rid of any bike.

Nice photo of the Gixxer laying a track. Is that you?

Looking forward to seeing Captains Flat now. How long would it take to get there from Belconnen?
Ride Fox Man!
Jay

Postby j-rad » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:39 am

No racing yet. That'll be in the near future with any luck. Prolly looking around 2008 depending on $/timing etc. If I don't go racing I'll still get another roadie and just do track days.
I can say from experience that he's spot on. I miss the thrill of the road and the sheer speed. But I've had a good go at it so dirt bikes for the time being to keep Mr Jrad entertained.....

Yup - got stacks of pics of the GSXR in similar poses....you like?!

Once you get close to QBN it'll take you around 45 minutes. So I guess Belco > QBN would be around 1hr 10 so....
j-rad

Previous

Return to Dirty Stuff